The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Edinburgh meet anytime soon?

Guest Shammy

Guest Shammy

Hey folks,

Just wandering if there's going to be any form of meet in/around Edinburgh anytime soon? Not sure how often they are held or anything!

Just wanting to see if I can pop along to the next one (if there is was penciled in?) and see if I can get taken for a wee drive or something to see what it's like being in a moving Supra!

Really want to buy one but need to be in one first while it's moving I think!

TIA :)

Hey Shammy,

there are no real Supra meets in Edinburgh, with most meets happening in Glasgow. NA Nonsense have some regular meets, Cipriani seems to be the chap to contact with regards to their meets.

Where about are you from Shammy? I could take you out in my BPU TT-Auto, or in my TT6 VVTi, or my NA Aero :D

Hey Shammy,

there are no real Supra meets in Edinburgh, with most meets happening in Glasgow. NA Nonsense have some regular meets, Cipriani seems to be the chap to contact with regards to their meets.

Where about are you from Shammy? I could take you out in my BPU TT-Auto, or in my TT6 VVTi, or my NA Aero :D

How embarrassing, offering a guy a lift to see what it's like and you don't even have a big single in your collection..... ;)

Lol, I think you're too much of a purest to really want to go that route.

Just stay away from UK specs please :D

Bingo!!!

I'm certainly into a good stock bodied Sup, with some decent optional extra's and a few nice touches to boot.

UK Spec you say............:sly:

Bingo!!!

I'm certainly into a good stock bodied Sup, with some decent optional extra's and a few nice touches to boot.

UK Spec you say............:sly:

So Shammy, let me know if you need a look around a Sup :D

Welcome shammy, hope you go for a Supra and take your time to get the one you want.

Hopefully see you at a meet some time, we are pretty friendly so feel free to pop along to the next one.

Sunny, UK specs are rust buckets mate, you wouldn't like them ;)

Guest Shammy
The meet close to you would be Glasgow every month bud :thumbs:

That's both close and far, I don't have a car at the moment so Glasgow is too far for me to get to :(

Hey Shammy,

That's a shame, I can't get to Glasgow currently but an Edinburgh one would be ideal as I could bus it! :D

I live in the Corstorphine area of Edinburgh (10-15 minute drive from/to Edinburgh Airport) and I'm around the Edinburgh City Centre/Omni Centre during the week as I work at Rockstar North and it's located next door!

That would be fantastic, although I wouldn't want you to go through too much trouble!

I'm just unsure whether I should go for a Supra or not, I've always wanted one but something is stopping me from actually going for one, so I'm hoping a ride in one will turn me around for the good! I'll probably get an N/A if I do as I don't have the biggest budget for buying it.

Welcome shammy, hope you go for a Supra and take your time to get the one you want.

Hopefully see you at a meet some time, we are pretty friendly so feel free to pop along to the next one.

Sunny, UK specs are rust buckets mate, you wouldn't like them ;)

Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

I'm always weary of going to meets myself, especially as I'm Scottish but of Asian decent, probably just a confidence thing though! In my experience everyone at meets are really nice and friendly, as I bet you guys are! I was on the MGZR forums a while back and they were a great bunch too! :D

Guest Shammy
I went to my first meet myself and just introduced myself, being Asian won't change anyone's attitude towards you ;)

Rockstar North, that would be a cool place to work! Are you a programmer?

Yeah, I'd be fine going to a meet but Glasgow's a bit too far for me though without a car :( Really want a Supra though, always wanted one although I'm a tiny bit put off by their age. That's why I'd like to have a seat in one and feel it being driven, make me fall in love with it and buy one!

Probably shouldn't have mentioned that, oops! But nah not a programmer, I work in the Animation department :)

Copies of GTA for everyone! ;)

:taped:

I'm sure there is another Scots-Asian member, but I can't remember his name.....come on Sunny,it's not that hard.

Certainly a friendly bunch :thumbs:

Are you thinking of that guy that moved to Canada? Can't remember his name either :D

After hearing about the guy who just got a job working in the Williams F1 team, that's the coolest job I've heard anyone say they have on the forum :)

Welcome to the forum!

I too went to my first meet the other month in Glasgow (been a member 7 years and decide now is the time to introduce myself lol) and I have to say everyone was very friendly and welcoming! :)

I had driven a few N/A supras and Hassan was kind enough to take me out in his lovely BPU Supra auto and that pretty much confirmed my thoughts on buying one.

Hopefully pick one up very soon all going to plan :D

I'm always weary of going to meets myself, especially as I'm Scottish but of Asian decent, probably just a confidence thing though! In my experience everyone at meets are really nice and friendly, as I bet you guys are! I was on the MGZR forums a while back and they were a great bunch too! :D

Stop being a pussy and get your backside to one of our meets, you have nothing to worry about with us lot, a good bunch of guys, the only one that was dodgy is now staying in Canada for a year so you are safe.:D

• 2 weeks later...
If Sunny hasn't already taken you for a spin in one of his collection, I'm just at Murrayfield, which is a bit closer for Corstorphine. I only have an N/A Manual, but if your plan is to get an NA anyway, it might make sense to get a run in one.

Mr Gilchrist, when can we expect to see you at another meet :) ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.