The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project: Ric's Gunmetal Carbon Ridox

Ric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So i've been after a TS bonnet for a while in carbon.

I managed to get hold of a carbon siebon bonnet from a member on here Mac SRT (Cheers)

So i've had this painted and fitted leaving the carbon vents on show.

IMG_4551.JPG.27ba191de398a5fa29c16d1648d563cd.JPG

IMG_4568.jpg.7cb6d78b6b610cfb3cbe5c9ab117f529.jpg

Ready for Jap Performance show this weekend!

Whilst at the body shop i noticed another members car in for a full paint job. You wont be disappointed mate!

IMG_4565.jpg.2fa5ba85f98ee463f40c07e28694d6ad.jpg

Edited by Ric (see edit history)

The bonnet just wouldn't latch with the Apr in place as it curls over the top cross member area.

We tried it a few times, latches with the panel removed and doesent with it on.

We adjusted the catches as much as possible

Car looking great mate!!

What's the fit like on the new bonnet, shut lines look pretty good and even in the pics?

I was so tempted by a TS bonnet but lack of rain guards put me off, plus I'd be pissed if I had to lose both my Carbing strut brace and APR cooling panel. Did you make rain guards for it?

Edited by Big Mark (see edit history)

Looked stunning in the flesh today as usual mate ;)

Beautiful colour and perfectly done, love this car.

Cheers guys it was nice to be out in the sun and meet you all again

Car looking great mate!!

What's the fit like on the new bonnet, shut lines look pretty good and even in the pics?

I was so tempted by a TS bonnet but lack of rain guards put me off, plus I'd be pissed if I had to lose both my Carbing strut brace and APR cooling panel. Did you make rain guards for it?

Cheers dude, hows your coming along?

The body-shop said we could probably make something but currently there arent any rain guards.

It's a Siebon bonnet which you'd expect should be better quality however it took 3 hours to fit and adjust as well as losing the fouling items as above.

There's a few things still to iron out, the drivers latch is tricky to get to engage sometimes. Im happy with the shutlines for now, i thought perhaps the meeting between bonnet and bumper was a little large but after seeing others this weekend i think it's about right.

I need to figure out how to get maximum adjustment on the latches then maybe the apr might go back on but the strut brace never would, it stands way to high the bonnet is about 2" from closing while resting on the bar.

There's a few things still to iron out, the drivers latch is tricky to get to engage sometimes. Im happy with the shutlines for now, i thought perhaps the meeting between bonnet and bumper was a little large but after seeing others this weekend i think it's about right.

I need to figure out how to get maximum adjustment on the latches then maybe the apr might go back on but the strut brace never would, it stands way to high the bonnet is about 2" from closing while resting on the bar.

I decided to remove the TRD strut brace because it was fouling.

Some struts will fit easily, they need to sit further back.

I always had a problem closing my bonnet and I should have guessed about the cooling plate.

I was going to get rid of the latches anyway.

I decided to remove the TRD strut brace because it was fouling.

Some struts will fit easily, they need to sit further back.

I always had a problem closing my bonnet and I should have guessed about the cooling plate.

I was going to get rid of the latches anyway.

See it could also be the radiator brackets (whifbitz ones) when the cooling plate is under them, as it raises them the width of the cooling plate 5mm perhaps which might be enough to stop it latching.

I will just get another style of cooling plate i think which doesn't curve around the top.

See it could also be the radiator brackets (whifbitz ones) when the cooling plate is under them, as it raises them the width of the cooling plate 5mm perhaps which might be enough to stop it latching.

I will just get another style of cooling plate i think which doesn't curve around the top.

That's a good point, as I had those as well lol

• 1 month later...
So i've been after a TS bonnet for a while in carbon.

I managed to get hold of a carbon siebon bonnet from a member on here Mac SRT (Cheers)

So i've had this painted and fitted leaving the carbon vents on show.

Ready for Jap Performance show this weekend!

Whilst at the body shop i noticed another members car in for a full paint job. You wont be disappointed mate!

your car colour is nice! its one of my choice! but what colour is that blue supra? That colour looks nice too!

• 1 month later...

donating?

• 1 month later...

Hi Ric,

Great looking car mate! What tire sizes are you running?

I have the same wheels for my moonstone, but still have to fit them. I'm looking at the michelin ps4s in 265/30/19 and 295/30/19. I will shave the rear fenders.

I'm afraid the 305/30/19 will be to tall for a 19x11 +42 that's why I'm looking at the 295/30? Can you give me your thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Small update here the car is heading off to Performance at Hart for a few months to get some big works done.

Hopefully ill have some updates of the work been done and some lovely pictures, everybody likes pictures.

Ready to go after coming out of hibernation:

IMG_5644.JPG.442eaed1885b8db23adbf66d0c36bf6a.JPG

• 1 month later...

Not many updates while the car is getting some work carried out with Performance @ hart, however my re-trimmed TRD steering wheel just came back.

Thanks to James for sending it off for me while he works on the car and the pics.

Work done was a perforated leather grip and a smooth nappa leather top and bottom with the red stitching.

The wheel was also made thicker by 2mm to give a better feel as i always thought the TRD wheel was too thin.

31302044_573343976382117_2087556368750870528_n.jpg.cc2928860ace13d9059cb83416618b8f.jpg

31317695_573344073048774_6415701934925152256_n.jpg.37baefd1a65a1f29948046b516cd4302.jpg

31345721_573343253048856_4406122312340865024_n.jpg.baa6cacdd17e5776b43ddf14cb9dd681.jpg

Work was carried out by Royal Steering wheels and i was very impressed with the turnaround time considering they are very busy. Love the end effect though.

Will just have to clean up the airbag so the leather matches the same matt finish.