The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project: Ric's Gunmetal Carbon Ridox

Ric

Supra is looking great :thumbs: Interior plans are different and nice but love the original but also understand that until we can get the confetti interior renewed it needs looking after, a real market out their for someone maybe? Well done for getting a lovely looking Supra back out there.

Supra is looking great :thumbs: Interior plans are different and nice but love the original but also understand that until we can get the confetti interior renewed it needs looking after, a real market out their for someone maybe? Well done for getting a lovely looking Supra back out there.

You can buy the confetti fabric if you really want too. It’s £180 A sqm though haha

I’ve always had a vision of a Dark red interior with the grey and carbon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Another update for the thread.

I've had a few bits done in the last weeks.

First up was a trip to Performance @ Hart, James sorted me out with a full service, diff and power steering fluid changes along with fitting me some new OEM track rod ends. This was the only bit i missed from the under-body restoration so at least now i know everything is new.

Then i updated the stereo. The new model gives Carplay/Radio functionality but that's all i wanted. It's the Alpine ILX-700

IMG_9379.jpg.9cd8b8289a29c535307cdab1d889d36b.jpg

I also made up some looms for my seats. I don't know why i didn't think about including connectors for when i remove the seats so i added this in with some 4 pin waterproof auto connectors (OTT)

5D71690C-32BF-44E7-8ABA-C4BB3BA26615.JPG.1fa594adb63b995cfd703044078fef90.JPG

I wanted to 3D print a holder for the new seats recline switches which is electrically operated. I mocked up a simple design and printed it out.

print.JPG.b2263f2e2c7419b4c6361e254d0e62db.JPG

It fit in the centre console just fine. I did have 4 switches planned as the seats are electrically controlled in both Recline and Height. But it turns out the seats are pretty high on their lowest setting. I'd never want them higher so i decided to just not connect those.

IMG_9386.jpg.a10ab877c19db8a394c7146221365259.jpg

With all that taken care of it was time to fit the seats.

A nasty job made harder with the weight of these seats. But weight saving was never the goal.

Thanks to John-mkivd for supply of his low profile seat rails they worked a treat.

IMG_9382.jpg.840e45cebc342776e007c623895841d6.jpg

IMG_9381.jpg.5d3f26d1067f52b8093bf44879afe7a2.jpg

Next up is some work on a rear seat delete. These seats don't tilt forward so now the rear seats are even more useless than before! :D

Thanks for looking

Edited by Ric (see edit history)

Cheers guys,

Because of the seats lack of tilting function the rear seats became even more useless than they did before.

I knew this would be an issue when i chose the seats but i decided to build a little rear seat delete just to tidy up the back of the car.

It's a little rough and ready but it will be OK until i find something better or if something "carbon" comes available :D

IMG_9393.jpg.ceffa5b0617b9d60a13757a1d8c41280.jpg

You can see how small the gap is here.

IMG_9398.jpg.76dc310270edcb4652996b7f16cab01b.jpg

IMG_9399.jpg.bc0ea0be90ac809b5538b5cb20b4a0e8.jpg

Very simple layout using the original rear backrest bolt holes everything is very secure and no rattles which is always nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

A small update here with a few changes over winter.

Firstly my interior retrim is well underway and im hoping to have it back in the next 2 weeks.

The trimmer and I finalized how my stitch pattern would be, my only change was making the headrest area more curvy and less angular.

stitch.jpg.79dfc3836513d961a95310d006578cba.jpg

I also decided to get the switch control pods carbon skinned which will add a little extra to my door cards.

Firstly the parts were plastic welded together. We both agreed that having the carbon flow from one section to the other in one piece would be a lot neater.

1.jpg.b277bd6fd368461932c0d8adf350bae6.jpg

And the finished article.

2.jpg.cab5ad7732ef856c8ab50ce322d68eb6.jpg

3.jpg.f83513fb352ff37c88350ce62cf5b5b8.jpg

4.jpg.11fb1fa66073a86f03e4b33a88c343ea.jpg

And finally a sneak peak of the seat retrim that my trimmer sent on. I can't wait to see the finished item.

sneak.jpg.eba79abdd9f27f4fbcb6592a13cd0dd3.jpg

It does look amazing! Where are you getting the seats done, as I may be looking to get mine done soon...

Edge automotive in rugby.

Very nice! :thumbs:

Be interested to know where you got the carbon trimming done please mate? May look to do something similar myself at some stage. :)

Look forward to seeing some photos once it’s all fitted and looking lovely! :cool:

I’ll send you a pm dude

Those switch pods look very good, the weave looking continuous around the edges. Good job that.

Seen a few good threads about Edge automotive so would be interested as to what you think of their work once you get the parts back.

Are you having the door cards trimmed too (sorry if I missed that)? If so will they be adding leather right around the top section where the window is?

Those switch pods look very good, the weave looking continuous around the edges. Good job that.

Seen a few good threads about Edge automotive so would be interested as to what you think of their work once you get the parts back.

Are you having the door cards trimmed too (sorry if I missed that)? If so will they be adding leather right around the top section where the window is?

I've had a steering wheel done by them before also Ibrars Red Widebomb was done by Edge so im confident it's going to be great. Steve has been great listening to my concerns and expectations.

They are re-trimming the arm rests in the same red leather as the seats which will mate up with the carbon pods. We decided against the whole door card for now as it will not match with the dash then.

The plan will be sourcing a dash he can work on then ill do those parts separately.