The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New toy :) when I get back from holiday....

grahamc

I thought it was having Mexico decals again? Lol

You chosen dash parts yet? Quite looking forward to getting stuck into this!

Are we tweaking the MX5 steering first?

Problem was that everyone does the Mexico decals, fancied something different :)

Not gotten anything yet...........

Yes please, but only needs to be done by 11 September (track day at Thruxton).

Problem was that everyone does the Mexico decals, fancied something different :)

Not gotten anything yet...........

Yes please, but only needs to be done by 11 September (track day at Thruxton).

No worries. Not been in this week - had some minor burns. :(

Will have a nose at the book for you next week and go from there. :thumbs:

• 3 years later...

A quick update.... the car has been finished and has been put into storage. Have finally come to "terms" with my ex and at the end of this month, I am taking ownership of this little thing :D

Some minor jobs to do, change pedals, fix passenger door (that has stopped opening), maybe some front bumpers

Here are some quick pics of how she stands now!

PHOTO-2018-11-03-11-50-24.jpg

PHOTO-2018-11-03-22-23-33 (2).jpg

PHOTO-2018-11-03-22-23-33.jpg

PHOTO-2018-11-03-22-23-33 (1).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Update time..... she is road legal and is running :)

The day started quite badly, wouldnt idle and lost all power to start. But after a fuse replacement and fixing a lose connection, the beast runs..... and she runs well! Still need to sort the fuel gauge (doesnt read anything) and the speedo (it only reads 20mph), oh yes and the brakes because pulling on the steering wheel is more effective than pressing on the brake pedal....

IMG_1658 (Copy).jpg

unnamed (2) (Copy).jpg

IMG_1660 (Copy).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Update:-

Well I broke it :( driving it back from Caffeine & Machine had some issues. Post failure, found low compression on cylinder 4, so took the decision that the pinto engine just wasnt up to the task. Queue the music ;)

Decide ZETEC 2l was a much better option, so a friend and I started doing some research and figured what could possibly go wrong. So I have bought a donor Ford Focus ST170, we have stripped both engines and gearboxes off the cars and ordered round 1 of 2 of parts for the conversion. Round 1 gets the and the new 5 speed gearbox into the car. Round 2 will get it running with the added benefit of throttlebodies.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, she officially lives and sounds pretty damn good on throttlebodies! Ok, the engine cover needs painting and the front fenders need their badges (had MEXICO badges, but removed them - have a set of ST170 badges to go on). Couple more things to do, mount ECU, hide some wires, make some gauges work, REMAP and thats about it.

[video=youtube_share;s6VXe9f-VEY]