The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sigma M30 Alarm Installation Manual

merckx

Okay, I've got a Sigma M30 fitted to my car.

Sometimes I cannot get the bloody thing to Arm or Disarm.:(

I haven't got the pin code for the keypad and I've only got one remote (new batteries fitted).

I want to either take the unit out and fit a new Sigma M30 or buy a Toad ai606.

Is it possible to get the installation manual for the Sigma M30, it would make it much easier for me as I won't have to trace all of the wires?

Can I buy the Toad ai606 with installation instructions?

I would rather do the work myself than let someone else mess with the car.:)

Cheers

The present alarm has it's siren in a highly visible place under the bonnet.

My brother has just got a Toad ai606 fitted to his Impreza, they also didn't make any attempt to hide the siren.

If I fitted it myself I would spend the extra time to hide the unit.

I've got a certificate with the fitted Sigma Alarm, surely I could replace the unit with a new one and still use this certificate

I thought that if I removed this faulty unit and replaced it with a new one I would get 2 key fobs and the pin number for the keypad , I would also make a better job of fitting it than someone who doesn't want to spend the time.:)

If you really need the installation instructions for the Sigma, I can get them for you, but it won't help much. There's nothing you can wire up wrong to make the remotes intermittant.

Sadly, Sigma remotes use a frequency that's recently been adopted by a phone network. If you in an area where this network is in operation, you have very little chance of the remote working.

If you fit a cat 1 yourself, it will still be Thatcham approved, as it's the alarm that's approved, not the installation. But as Simon says, you won't have a valid certificate for the alarm.

If you're confident that you can do a good job, you could always get an inspection report done by a local car security company. Just tell them you bought the car with it already installed, but didn't get any paperwork with it.

Most places will charge anything from £10-£50+vat for an inspection, and if they do their job properly, it can take up to an hour to do.

If you want to buy a 606, let me know. I can probably do it cheaper :innocent:

If you do it yourself it won't be Thatchams approved, so you won't have a certificate or anything. That means you're going to find it very hard to get insurance.

I've just spoken to Elephant Insurance and they said that it would be perfectly okay if I wanted to fit an alarm myself.:)

They said they don't put much importance on an Alarm anyway because they can easily be disabled.

When you do the insurance quote with them they only ask if it's got an electronic immobiliser fitted.

I told them that the alarm was faulty, so they have changed the policy to say - No immobilser fitted - No extra charge though!:)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

OK, first thing you need to be aware of is that the M30 is a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser. Therefor, nearly all the cables will be black. Originally, these black cables would have had numbers on the end of each, which would have been cut off during installation.

Some of the later M30's did have coloured cables for the alarm section and black for the power and immobilier circuits.

To follow, is both numbers and what colours related to those numbers, and what they're functions are:-

1 - Blue - Interior light pin switches (neg)

2 - Blue/Red - Boot switch (neg)

3 - Green/Black - Low current programable output

4 - Green/Red - As above

5 - Black - Earth

6 - Black - Earth

7 - Orange - Ignition sense

8 - Red - 3a 12v

9 - Pink - Central locking (Configurable)

10 - Blue/White - As Above

11 - Black - Immobiliser circuit 1

12 - Black - Immobiliser circuit 1

13 - Black - Immobiliser circuit 2

14 - Black - Immobiliser circuit 2

15 - Red/Yellow - Indicator supply (15a)

16 - Yellow - Indicator output

17 - Yellow - Indicator output

18 - Green/Orange - Accessory output (neg during trigger)

19 - Green/White - Central locking (Configurable)

20 - Pink/Black - Central locking (Configurable)

Any of the options CAN be set up using the alarms keypad IF you know the pin code.

The best way to set the system up is using the CP1 programmer.

Good luck! :)