The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Supes' UK-Spec - The Story So Far

Big Supes

• 2 months later...

New shiny bits arrived in the post today. :)

Some more goodness! In the name of Whifbitz this time. These should marry up nicely with my Chris Wilson SMIC.

That's my BPU charge cooling system sorted now. In terms of performance, I'm considering a mappable ECU next for a less crude tune than the FCD.

I have one big spend left for this year and I'm struggling to make a decision... new wheels or manual conversion?? :think:

Thanks mate! Credit to the 2 previous owners, TBH. I'm doing my best to keep it as clean as possible. I'll be honest, I've missed it like crazy the last 5 months, but the days when the weather has been nasty, it brought a little smile to my face knowing it was tucked up sound asleep in the garage.

Getting excited about bringing Supes out of hibernation now that Spring is here. :)

http://i.imgur.com/p5JaK8z.jpg

She looks shweeeeeet in that photo!! :cool:

I've still to bring my Supra out of hibernation too :D

I'm thinking April or May, I haven't driven her since 5th October. Just run her up every other week in my garage and left her on trickle charger :) When's yours coming out?

Thanks dudes. :)

I'm thinking he'll be back on the road Easter weekend Dave. Will probably get the MOT and tax sorted the weekend before though.

Thanks for the offer Jake. :) Might well take you up on that as I've been thinking we should build up more of a local members tinkering club. With more heads involved, it makes lighter work for everyone! Plus, I love a good tinker. :)

I plan to start work next weekend if you're around. Hopefully the weather will be suitable.

• 3 weeks later...
A supra won't melt if you drive it in the rain dude :p

How did the MOT go?

:D True mate, but the salt roads will eat it over time.

I had to change a tyre, but she flew through which was a treat.

IC and shiny pipes are going on today, as well as a cheeky oil change.

:D True mate, but the salt roads will eat it over time.

I had to change a tyre, but she flew through which was a treat.

IC and shiny pipes are going on today, as well as a cheeky oil change.

Very true, still just don't drive it in the worst of the winter when there's salt on the road :p

woohoo, look forward to seeing her at BW soon then dude :thumbs:

Very true, still just don't drive it in the worst of the winter when there's salt on the road :p

woohoo, look forward to seeing her at BW soon then dude :thumbs:

The problem is the roads will always be contaminated with salt as long as there are dips in temperature... as the councils send out the gritters again. A nice bit of spring rainfall and then its good to go. ;) I think the proof is in the pudding when you look under the UK specs around today. You can tell the ones that have been out all year round compared to the ones that have been tucked away.

Shiney bits :drool: Looking good mate!

Thanks dude. If I ever need a shiny fix I just visit your build thread. :thumbs: :D

Productive day today.... New Chris Wilson SMIC and Whifbitz stainless pipes fitted. The car runs so much better now. I forgot how quick it was before the original IC started playing up. Was also nice to get the oil change done.

Will get some pics when I've managed to clean it all up.

• Big Supes changed the title to Big Supes' UK-Spec - The Story So Far