The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Range Rover restoration

Dnk

Also needed to find some new seat plinth trims which are no longer available for the Range Rover but

i found the Discovery 1's are the same and still available, result

The drivers side even though its just a mirror image of the passenger side is 3 times the price

which really is taking the pee

LH £38.11 + vat RH £108.27 + vat

Prices on these parts are all over the shop, now found them for £79 + vat for either side

s-l1000.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

So going round in circles with the seat plinths.

One supplier says obsolete and wouldn't fit my Range anyway, another says

after i give them my chassis number yep no problem we can get those but are

trying to flog me the wrong colour

Land Rover said nope discontinued no matter what colour but wouldn't confirm the

same part in the RR is in the Disco 1

FFS

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm putting the RRC up for sale as i'm looking to fire the cash into a new venture

Not sure on the price and just looking around now to get a realistic value but i've seen

some selling for £35000, low mileage cars but un restored which i've seen can be miss leading

as its not the mileage the makes them rot.

I think if i can get £30k or upwards i'll be a happy bunny

Wow, you're selling it Dunk- that's a fantastic bit of kit mate. I clicked on the PH page but didn't see a price.

I loved my Classic - best car ever IMO.

All the best,

Andrew

Cheers Andrew, price is POA in the advert but £35k or there abouts with a proper repaint done which

im going to do in the next few weeks

If I was a betting man then I would say this car will be worth a small fortune in years to come Dunk - no question mate.

That would be nice but i'll be happy with getting back what i've put in, had a few enquiries 1 serious and 1 total time wasting *****

Ordering a new top tailgate as i can't fix mine, the heated screen is mullerd, i got lucky a while ago and

found a new old stock tailgate seal so that'll go on at the same

We will also take the windscreen out and get that fitted correctly after the farce i had through my

insurance and their approved fitters.

My insurance paid me in the end to cover doing the job

tailgate ff.jpg

New old stock tailgate seal and an undamaged door waist seal ready for when it gets painted

The leather is off the seat trims and just waiting for some adhesive to arrive, Delta D314

Also bought these ages ago ready to fit when its painted, new OE corner bumpers and new rear side window seals

IMG_4023.JPG

IMG_4024.JPG

IMG_4029.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4011.JPG

parts 117.JPG

parts 118.JPG

parts 119.JPG

parts 120.JPG

parts 121.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Wow Dunk you have really gone all out on this. The attention to detail is something to be proud of but if it were me I’d be scared to take it out it’s hermetically sealed garage :D Keep the updates coming !

Might as well get it right Mike, i hate cutting corners unless i have no choice. a few other parts sorted over the last week, refurbished the dash bezel, tailgate handle and door finger pulls

I also appear to have lost a couple of pieces which i'm a tad peed off about, the worst being a spring i can't find, turned the garage over twice now :(

Found 2 parts on ebay that will help fix the tailgate central locking but need the spring in the photo

parts 126.jpg

parts 127.jpg

parts 125.jpg

parts 128.jpg

part 130.jpg

RRC-tailgate-CL-actuator.jpg

I've found the spring and on its way to me, the tailgate will be getting fitted next week.

After that its take the front screen out and fit that properly, got a local guy to do this

who has done a few classic Range Rovers for the restoration shop so that should be sorted.

The screen guy turned up and threw his toys out the pram and said he's not doing it, too much hassle blah

blah blah, called another place who said nightmare job and i'll never get the glass out in one piece, total idiot, thankfully found another guy locally who said yup no problem and will be doing it possibly next week.

The new top tailgate is on along with a new old stock lower seal, i have a fully working heated screen and central locking system now :)

IMG_4094[1].jpg

IMG_4088[1].jpg

IMG_4097[1].jpg

• 2 weeks later...