The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi everyone

Guest whitey83

Guest whitey83

Hi my names chris and i live in west brom, im looking forward to owning a supra just waiting to sell my gt86 and get back owning a twin turbo. No completely sure on which model will be best for me so im sorry in advance for any noob question. Going to be good to get to know some of u and become a part of the community and build an amzing car.

cheers

chris

Guest whitey83

Hi tyson, ill get some pics up when i get home not got any on this phone. Ill have about 10k, i like the areo top models but they only seem to come in auto, would prefer a manual as feels more involved but dont know how good the autos are and i think i saw a 1999 triptronic which seems nice but need to do my research.

Hi tyson, ill get some pics up when i get home not got any on this phone. Ill have about 10k, i like the areo top models but they only seem to come in auto, would prefer a manual as feels more involved but dont know how good the autos are and i think i saw a 1999 triptronic which seems nice but need to do my research.

Try an auto they are very good so don't discount them, aerotops only came in auto unless they have been converted to manual i'm afraid. 10K will get you a lovely manual maybe even a nice single with todays prices and you could get an immacualte auto and have about 3-4k spare with your budget.

Welcome,

The autobox on the supra is superb :thumbs: One of the best gearboxes ever made. The autobox will take around 600bhp aswell!

Good luck with your search!

Not for very long though if you actually use the 600

Guest whitey83

Been looking through the classifieds just wondering if the bpu give you 400 fwhp 320rwhp. Seen a couple with the bpu but had different bhp advertised

chris

Depends on the car mate, no set figure they are all different. I wouild say drive some autos and manuals and see what you think, I have an auto, its a nice box but they are old technology, however still very capable. Remember some of these cars are getting on for 20 years old now so anything you buy will need work doing so have a good look round before buying.

A BPU Supra is very fast even by today's standards its enough to scalp quite a range of "fast" cars.

Guest whitey83

Oh right so the 320's are more then likely stating rwhp. I know im going to have to keep some cash aside for wear and tear due to age it was the same with 3000gt, but that was getting to point of always needing something doing to it to be able to enjoy driving it with no problems. Im only putting up with the auto because of wanting an aero top. If i went for the hard top i deffinatly want the 6 speed

Guest whitey83

If any of you guys meet up that live in the midlands let me know and ill have to come and look and see how different it is

Hi Chris,

I'm from Cannock, so not too far from yourself.

Ill be looking to set up a few midlands meets this year as soon as I have my car sorted!:)

I have a Manual Aerotop NA which I'm in the process of turbo'ing :D.

There's a few of us around the midlands so your not alone!

Get some pictures of the GT86 up, we like photos here...

You should also make the most of this forum by paying your £10. You'll encounter lots of great deals, parts, banter and Tom foolery plus be able to utilise our classified section on the hunt for your perfect supra.

All the best

Josh

Guest whitey83

Is yours a 6 speed areo mate. Is it cheaper to change to a twin turbo or by twin turbo areo and fit 6 speed. Oh that will be great uf ur having some meets this year. How do i go about paying

There is a file size limit, iirc it's 200kb.

All aerotops were autos out of the factory iirc, as I've been researching the same myself for my future plans, which are being held very close to my chest, so dont ask :sly:

Welcome to the forum, and as Josh said, fork out your tenner, and discover a wealth of useful (and a fair bit of useless ;)) knowledge :)

Guest whitey83

thanks mate, there really nice to drive and quite fun, be good to see how may of these have the 2jz engine in where the warranty runs out. As soon as i sell this i can start looking for my supra:D