The mkiv Supra Owners Club

**** HKS Special Offers****

Lee P

• 3 weeks later...
I thought it was smaller because CP Forged Pistons are 86mm.

Clearly I have no clue :p :D

Yeah they make them in stock size for people not wanting to increase displacment but up the power. Dont ask me why becuase I thought new pistons require a rebore which means going with the next size up, but thats where I could be wrong :D

86mm stroke x 86mm piston = 3.0

86mm stroke x 87mm piston = 3.1

:)

Yeah they make them in stock size for people not wanting to increase displacment but up the power. Dont ask me why becuase I thought new pistons require a rebore which means going with the next size up, but thats where I could be wrong :D

86mm stroke x 86mm piston = 3.0

86mm stroke x 87mm piston = 3.1

:)

I think you can go something like 0.020" oversize and make up the gap with larger piston rings, then 0.040" oversize is 87mm pistons, it depends on how scored the bores are, thats my understanding of it, rightly or wrongly :)

• 1 year later...
Guest Nicholas
Lee is the HKS T51 KAI DBB kit still available at that price?

If you're after a HKS T51 Kai BB full kit, I know one coming off a car soon to be broken that has only covered 1500 miles since fitment, pm me if you want more info