Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emanage Ultimate , Windows 7 USB driver issues - SOLVED

My second year!!! Club Member Fly's Avatar
    Feedback
    12 (100%)

Emanage Ultimate , Windows 7 USB driver issues - SOLVED

Hi guys. not really sure where this should be, i didnt want to drop this in my build thread for fear of it being missed.
    Anyway i wired in all my emanage and WB02 this weekend only to find that when i connected my usb to EMU i got the " the driver was not installed correctly"
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the EMU software only for the same thing to happen.
    So having done some research i have found that there is a problem trying to connect 64bit Windows 7 to EMU apparently you need XP.
    You may be thinking i have answered my own question here but....
    i have read you can download programs to run a folder on your computer as lets say windows XP and then install the EMU driver software into that folder and it will run. The problem is i have no idea what these programs are or how to do this.
    So firstly i need a software guru who can tell me how to setup windows 7 Home eddition to use EMU or how to do this software thing with a seperate file/ operating software.

Big thankyou to everyone and anyone that helps!!!

P.s if i can get this sorted i should be on first starting tomorrow!!!!
    97 White SZ-R Facelift Six Speed - NA-T in progress - hopefully finished before 2020
    Build thread :- http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthr...4530-Flys-NA-T
    www.teamna-t.com

Team NA-t Authorised Trader Noz's Avatar
    Feedback
    86 (100%)
    Your need to have a program to allow you to run XP on 7, the XP mode on 7 doesn't work (didn't on mine either).

I just used an old laptop. Pudsey is selling one if you can't resolve this.

Microsoft have an XP mode simulator that runs XP inside 7 that should do the trick. Though I couldnt get it to work, I know others have

Age. Fac ut gaudeam Club Member Tricky-Ricky's Avatar
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    EMU software runs fine on 64bit win 7, i suspect you need to assign a com port for it to connect, it could be that the one the EMU software want to use is being used by another program.
    Pedants are men who would appear to be learned, without the necessary ingredient of knowledge.
    - George Bancroft

Feedback
    12 (100%)
    assign a com port? but i am using a USB connection for the EMU (printer cable type) i have read lots of info on it not working and having to do the above, could you tell me how i assin the comm port. All i am getting when i plug USB into compuiter whilst connected to the EMU is three dull beeps from computer which i believe is becasue of the driver. I am no way a computer buff though so happy to take pointers here!!
    97 White SZ-R Facelift Six Speed - NA-T in progress - hopefully finished before 2020
    www.teamna-t.com

Age. Fac ut gaudeam Club Member Tricky-Ricky's Avatar
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Go into control panel then device manager, you will find com ports there, they are still used by USB and blutooth devices, see whats being used by what device, you may need to re assign one for the EMU to connect, if you cant get it to connect that way, you can always install EMU software as 32 bit, its also running on a 64 bit machine.
    Pedants are men who would appear to be learned, without the necessary ingredient of knowledge.
    - George Bancroft

Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Thanks for the pointers so far. Right I connected the emu to the computer, ignition off . Had the same thre dull beeps. Opened device manager, the emu is listed under other devices with a yellow triangle containing an exclamation mark. I can't seem to find a section for comm ports, just USBs but the emu is not listed in there.
    When I go to properties within other devices, where the emu pops up all I can see are driver details which are blank and a tab about installing a driver.
    I think the main software works fine as I can open and play with it ,it's purely the driver that's being a bitch.
    Thanks guys and sorry if I'm sounding like a muppet here
    www.teamna-t.com

Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noz View Post
    Your need to have a program to allow you to run XP on 7, the XP mode on 7 doesn't work (didn't on mine either).

I just used an old laptop. Pudsey is selling one if you can't resolve this.

Microsoft have an XP mode simulator that runs XP inside 7 that should do the trick. Though I couldnt get it to work, I know others have
    Had a look at this thanks noz it seems the xp simulator is only for windows 7 premium or expert it doesn't work with home. I do now have vm player and a copy of xp on my hard drive but I csnt seem to get vm player to use the file to install xp .
    www.teamna-t.com

I'm addicted now! MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Have you tried doing a search online for the drivers instead of using the cd? also if you do manage to find the com port in device manager try and have it set on the lowest number you can, as we have problems connecting to our control panels when we use CAN BUS / RS232 etc with a high com port number

What search button? Club Member ballsdeep's Avatar
    Feedback
    26 (100%)
    let me know how you get on mate, I had the same issue when trying to connect to mine, i have a few old laptops to try once I'm at the stage you are at, hopefully not too long now. Good luck dude
    spooling just gets me wet NA-T T61 4" DP + MP 365bhp 370 ft lb torque

the winner ain't the one with the fastest car, its the one who refuses to lose

anything good in life is either illegal immoral, or fattening dont take life seriously it is not permanent!!

Feedback
    12 (100%)
    right, I think i have found a soloution. its too dark tonight now to go a crawl in through the boot to check the connection. What i have done is set up a virtual machine on my windows 7 home premium laptop. This virtual machine runs windows XP and i have just downloaded the emanage software to the virtual machine. I think you can port stuff over but i am not too sure.
    Fingers crossed this will sort all the compatability issues of running windows 7 home.
    This guide was spot on http://www.tomshardware.com/news/win...in7,10213.html
    I will add though after i finished all the steps and tried to start the virtual machine it said it could not locate its virtual hard dive. I then coppied the virtual hard drive into the same file as the virtual machine (changed the settings to reflect this) and hey presto windows XP ........for 30 days without registration...enough to get going though.
    This might be a good NA-T / Emanage sticky for future issues who knows what windows 8 has to offer i would like to know.
    www.teamna-t.com

Team NA-t Authorised Trader Noz's Avatar
    Feedback
    86 (100%)
    nice one fly. il have a go tomorrow.

Feedback
    4 (100%)
    If you look at the top of the page where it says USB, just click on that and you can attach which ever devices you want to use.

Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Ok last minute edit for those who want to run this setup.
    When you open xp mode at the top of its window are action, USB, tools tabs.
    Plug in emanage and select USB, scroll down the list to share. This allows xp mode to use your existing USB in its mirrored USB . You should now see the usual dialog box saying new hardware found. When it runs through the options of installing the software select manual and specify the location to look for the driver, this will be in c:// program files / trust/ drivers . Select this and ok the rest , this should install the driver. Now turn on ignition and fire up the emanage software tool and hrmmmmmm maybe ask some different questions on tuning :s .
    All the best
    Last edited by Fly; 01-05-13 at 15:52.
    www.teamna-t.com

Feedback
    4 (100%)
    I will try my best, if you open up control panel > system > hardware > device manager then look for where it says Ports ( COM & LPT ) then scroll down until you find the com port which you have plugged the device into ( if you are not sure which one it is unplug it and watch the screen to see if any COM ports disappear, then plug the device back in and see if it returns ) Right click over the correct port and then click properties. You then want to select port settings, and then click advanced, in this option at the bottom left of the box you will see COM port numbers, click this and set it as low as you can. I normally have to set them below 5 for our stuff to work.

Have you installed the software for the lead as well into XP?

Hope this helps.

Feedback
    12 (100%)
    jon thanks for the info and help i ahve through probably more trial and lots of erros managed to get the thing up and running plu salot of searching the internet. My main problem was that the emanage was coming up in device manager as "other device" properties then only gave me the options to update driver, driver dertails, uninstall and roll back.
    In device manager there were no sub catagorys of ports, there was only USB and gave the same options when opned via properties.
    I am sure if i was running Mac this would be simpler.
    thanks again though for the pointers and help i really do appreciate it, i was at the point of smashing my laptop to bits in rage
    www.teamna-t.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast