The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD Engine Bay Boxes

Lee P

Finally got these finished now, had to redesign them for better fitment.

The first batch is coming through next week

We can offer them in the black crackle finish or just plain alloy to be painted.

Or £150 plain finish (pair)

Price will be £190 inc vat (pair) painted in crackle black or powder coated.

Polished finish £325 (pair)

If you can put your names down if you want them and how you would like the finish.

May need slight modification depending on the spec of the car.

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

Fantastic work Lee. Will these fit on a UK spec car with the added ABS pump and resister pack?

They are designed around a J spec so no but I do have a UK spec car here at the moment I could offer up to see what needs modding.

The other option is to move the resistor pack slightly so its in side the box as this would look neater.

Outstanding! :ecstatic: I've been waiting for these for ages! :)

Can you sell them individually, Lee? I only really want the left (passenger) side one to cover up the ABS pump - I don't mind the master cylinder, etc over the other side and I intend to fit a new oil catch tank shortly in the empty space. Anyway, if that is an option, how much for a polished alloy one including VAT and delivery? Money waiting!!!

Yes can do one side, will be £125 for a polished one + del

Outstanding! :ecstatic: I've been waiting for these for ages! :)

Can you sell them individually, Lee? I only really want the left (passenger) side one to cover up the ABS pump - I don't mind the master cylinder, etc over the other side and I intend to fit a new oil catch tank shortly in the empty space. Anyway, if that is an option, how much for a polished alloy one including VAT and delivery? Money waiting!!!

Powder coated/painted? Or would that be the same as crackle black?

Would probably be around £300 total if we got them powder coated

Painting depends on the finish

I've spoken to Simon and he says it would be around £250 to prep and paint them like he did with Steve's

Fantastic product these, gives a clean and tidy bay but still gives you easy access to the hidden parts if needed. :)

Painting depends on the finish

I've spoken to Simon and he says it would be around £250 to prep and paint them like he did with Steve's

Expensive option but well worth it. Simon has done an incredible job on these, their flawless.

attachment.php?attachmentid=167178&d=1365530879

attachment.php?attachmentid=167179&d=1365530879

attachment.php?attachmentid=167180&d=1365530879

Supra 1:1:13 7.jpg

Supra 1:1:13 8.jpg

Supra 1:1:13 9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've just got around to fitting my one of these (as mentioned most recently in my build thread).

I was hugely impressed by the quality and the kit came with everything that was needed foir installation, with the exception of a set of instructions... There's only one bracket, so it would seem really easy to fathom, but it turns out the ABS pump (onto which said bracket needs to be fixed) has more random threaded recesses than you may think! After a spot of measuring and a bit more offering up, I figured it out and thought it might be helpful to post the WIP pics. :)

So...

Step 1. Remove stock 10mm bolt from top of ABS pump housing and fix 90-degree alloy bracket onto it using the supplied (longer) allen-head bolt with a crush washer.

attachment.php?attachmentid=168564&d=1367330220

Step 2. Offer up the engine bay box and loosely thread the supplied counter-sunk bolt / washers (order - bolt, metal washer, plastic washer - shown in pic) through the side into the threaded portion on the previously installed bracket.

attachment.php?attachmentid=168566&d=1367330764

Step 3. Using the third (larger) allen-headed bolt, attach the outer edge of the engine bay box onto the inner wing of the car. Tighten everything up once it's all in place.

attachment.php?attachmentid=168562&d=1367329807

Step 4. Give everything a final polish to remove your grubby finger prints and admire... :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=168563&d=1367329807

As you can see (most clearly in pic 2) I trimmed the forward lower edge of mine in blue silicone to match my engine bay.

I hope that's vaguely helpful for anyone else making a purchase. Of course I only bought one, so you're on your own for the other side... :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...