listy

2015 To Do List

HKS FCD

AFR gauge

New Oil temp gauge

New oil pressure gauge

New water temp gauge

Engine Bay makeover - IN PROGRESS

Probably more, but I'll update as I get things done/think of more.

Another year, and here we go again!!!!!

As I missed out some bits on the last thread, I'm starting again, so its all in order :)

First of, this is how she was in November 2011 when I first got her home.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165087&d=1361209011

attachment.php?attachmentid=165088&d=1361209011

attachment.php?attachmentid=165089&d=1361209011

Previously, the supra was owned by our very own P111DY.

He turned this supra from a stripey NA;

attachment.php?attachmentid=165090&d=1361209011

Via GVN; Original Thread

attachment.php?attachmentid=165091&d=1361209011

attachment.php?attachmentid=165092&d=1361209011

attachment.php?attachmentid=165093&d=1361209011

attachment.php?attachmentid=165094&d=1361209011

attachment.php?attachmentid=165095&d=1361209011

attachment.php?attachmentid=165096&d=1361209011

To how it was when I purchased it.

The supra also went to Keron, for an NA-TT transplant (just waiting for Keron to dig up when it was done, and exactly what was done :))

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by listy (see edit history)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First up, I got the car up on stands to have a look underneath.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165097&d=1361209011

- The sills were all bent up where previous owners had not used the proper jacking points. I still haven't sorted this yet, but its on the to do list.

- The exhaust was getting rather thin on the 2nd decat pipe, where it had been scraping on speed bumps etc, so I had that beefed up a bit by a local welder, before it became a hole.

I dont have pics of these though unfortunately.

Next, all four wheels came off, so I could inspect the brakes and suspension.

- The BC Coilovers were in very good condition, however, and without the rear arches being rolled, the big 19"s, the rear tyres had been rubbing where it was so low. So off I went, and raised the back up 15mm and this sorted that problem.

- The JSpec disks and pads still had plenty of life left, so they stayed as they were.

- While I was there, I took the opportunity to clean up the coilovers and suspension parts, as they were covered in about a years worth of road gunk.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165098&d=1361209011

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also did a full oil change, and sent it to a local garage for the rest of the fluids to be done. New NGK Iridium spark plugs went in.

Next, the clutch started to slip, so that was replaced with a Stage 4 Competition Clutch, supplied by Whifbitz.

Once I was happy the Supra was running sweet, I decided I needed more bass in my life, and with the current sub being loose in the boot, decided to have a go at building a custom removable install.

I used 15mm MDF for the box. All built in my garage.

Parts

- Fli 3 way coaxial speakers for the front, and the same to go in the boot.

- 2 x Fli 10" subs

- Fli 4 Channel amp

- Audio carpet from FleaBay

- Vibe sound deadening material

- Silicone sealant (to seal the box)

- Sony XPlod head unit

attachment.php?attachmentid=165099&d=1361209011

This made some awesome bass, but

it took me a few weeks to get the setup right, so the bass was awesome, but not overpowering.

image.jpg

I then had my worst problem since owning the car so far. (2 weeks prior to JapFest :o) Parked outside the local Spar, I went in to get some bits, and came out to find the white van I had parked next to, was gone, and I found this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=165100&d=1361209011

attachment.php?attachmentid=165101&d=1361209011

So, back into Spar I went, to see if they had CCTV coverage, only to discover, it only covered the shop front, and the delivery entrance, so that was a no hoper. Rang the Police, and all I got was "If you can find the van, and get proof of the collision (picture of damage on the van etc) then we can charge them with criminal damage." Cheers, I thought. I'm really going to be able to find a white van, with a scrape down the side, because there aren't a million of those :rolleyes:

I also discovered that the first decat was a bodge with some metal flexi pipe, covered in heat wrap. This had rusted, and with the impact of the van, crumbled, so this had to be sorted. Big thanks to Paul at Whifbitz for getting a new 1st decat pipe out to me within a couple of days.

However, this gave me the perfect excuse to get the Supra resprayed in Audi Ibis White, which I had planned to do, just not quite so soon.

The bodyshop I took it to were very sympathetic, and promised me it would be ready in a week to 10 days, which would mean I would have it back 2 days before Japfest.

There were constant updates from the garage every day, which I though was brilliant customer care, and kept me happy knowing things were getting done.

The boys at the garage had to work late nights, and push other jobs to the side to get her finished in time, but, true to their word, I got a phone call on the Friday morning, saying it was just being polished up, and will be ready that afternoon.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Next up, came a new strut brace (No pics )

I then tinted the rear lights, as the grey insides didnt suit the rest of the car imo. Thanks to DownImpact for the tint spray :thumbs:

attachment.php?attachmentid=165103&d=1361209011

attachment.php?attachmentid=165104&d=1361209011

JapFest 2012

attachment.php?attachmentid=165102&d=1361209011

I then had another horrendous problem! The front crank seal went

So I ordered a new oil pump, crank seal, timing belt, and oil filter from Keron (Ta very much) for a great price. Delivered in a couple of days too :)

This I did with help from a mech in work.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I then decided I wanted a change in the interior, so I undertook a little project to recover the door cards in red leatherette.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165151&d=1361209011

I then decided to wrap the dash in white imitation carbon fibre wrap.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165152&d=1361209011

Also fitted the stainless bits from Mr Noz, and a boost gauge from KaanW. Cheers guys.

I then discovered that my front right wheel was on its way to buckling, so a new set of wheels was in order. Not expensive, but as similar to the Rays as I could find, within my (rather small) budget.

Wolfrace Sharks. 8.5J front, 9.5j rear, 18".

attachment.php?attachmentid=165153&d=1361209011

I then discovered that the sealant used on the sumps after the oil pump change had degraded, and the oil was seeping from the lower sump. This had to be sorted, so down to the workshop in work I went, and got busy over a couple of days.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165154&d=1361209011

This is what I found in the sump. All the old sealant.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165155&d=1361209011

Then all put back together, with new high temp sump sealant.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I then got fed up with having no boot space, so built a new floor for the boot, with the subs sunk into it, utilising the spare wheel well as a bass box.

I still need to dynamat it though, and add some bars to protect the subs from anything in the boot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165121&d=1361209011

Both sides are done, but I still need to grab a picture of the finished article.

I got some 25mm hubcentric spacers from Lee_e for the rear. I was a little worried they might be too big, so arranged with Lee to swap for a pair of 15mm if they were. However, IMO the 25's (will need 20's maybe if i go back to a 275 tyre) are a perfect fit right now bring the wheels right out to the edge, so the top of the tyre wall is level with the arch.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165122&d=1361209011

attachment.php?attachmentid=165123&d=1361209011

As I'm now going for a more "classy" look on the interior, I have removed the red leatherette covers on the door cards and taken them back to black.

(Pics to follow later )

Also, I have found that the seller I got my centre console cover and gear shift gaiter from on eBay, also does door handle covers.

The stuff I've got off them previously has been great quality.

Hopefully ordering door arm rest covers and handbrake cover in white with black stitching, and a centre console cover and gear shift gaiter in black with white stitching.

(Link to seller: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/TOP-GAITERS..._sid=668506186 )

Also, plans for the near future (to be done before JapFest)

1. Remove dash wrap, and respray white.

2. Spray door switch surrounds white.

3. Buy and fit door armrest covers, handbrake gaiter, gearshift gaiter (in white hopefully)

4. Recover roof lining in white leatherette.

Not a lot, but don't have much spare time right now, so just doing small things at the moment.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mot next week so I needed to sort my sidelights out. As I couldn't get hold of any new bulb holders, I needed an alternative.

£6 from eBay, a pair of 8 led DRLs, which are now running off the light switch on the stalk as sidelights.

I'll probably ditch them when I get hold of some new bulb holders, but they'll do for the mot and until I get what I need.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165419&d=1361209011

Rubbish pic I know, was taken on the iPad. Almost as bad as one of Rob Mitchell's :D

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, with all sorts going on so far this year, nothing has really been done with "wish list". I was hoping to have the white details on the interior done for JapFest, but that's just not going to happen unfortunately :(

Instead, I've been concentrating on the niggly bits on the mechanical side of things.

- My front right brake no longer binds (took it off, and put it back on. Problem solved :rolleyes:)

- Misfire is sorted, with replacement coil pack clips (cheers Brad) and spark plugs.

- The corbeau seats are gone (drivers was dying :() and have been replaced with stock JSpec seats (cheers Noz) until I can get the Sparco R333's I'm after.

With the headlight intake project ongoing, I've been putting cash in to that. Not much, but with everything else going on, pretty much all I can spare.

For those who asked about me doing one for them, I'm afraid I will have to decline. So far for me, the cost has hit £65+ and I'm still not done. Plus with the time it takes, I wouldn't be able to do them cheap enough I'm afraid :(

A few more niggles sorted today :)

- made a new speaker bracket for the passenger side. (The speaker kept falling into the wife's lap lol)

So that is now nice and secure again.

- one of the rear speakers wasn't working, so I've replaced them with the speakers I bought over a year ago, for that very reason :rolleyes:

Next step is to take the seats out and give them a good scrub, which the lovely wife has offered to help with :D

Possibly get some lower legs sorted for the APR wing, which is the only expense Supra wise really until after JapFest.

After that, its just a good clean inside, and a wash and polish each week up until JapFest, to give it a lovely shine :)

• 3 weeks later...

Seats have come out and gone back in. No pics, as they are just clean JSpec stock seats. We all know what they look like ;)

New brackets have been sorted for the APR wing :D Its only temporary at the moment, I'm going to see how I like it at the height it's at, and then get some solid custom legs made up.

Few pictures:

attachment.php?attachmentid=168250&stc=1&d=1366832283

attachment.php?attachmentid=168251&stc=1&d=1366832283

attachment.php?attachmentid=168252&stc=1&d=1366832283

a.supra.jpg

a.supra2.jpg

a.supra3.jpg

Head light intake was put on hold for a while, as I've been busy with other stuff, doubtful it will be done for JapFest unfortunately :( but you never know.

The wing is sat level withe the back of the boot. I was thinking about trying to bring it back a couple more inches, but it started to get dark, and didnt want to leave it half done over night. It would have bugged me.

Head light intake was put on hold for a while, as I've been busy with other stuff, doubtful it will be done for JapFest unfortunately :( but you never know.

The wing is sat level withe the back of the boot. I was thinking about trying to bring it back a couple more inches, but it started to get dark, and didnt want to leave it half done over night. It would have bugged me.

Thats a shame its not finished but its better than rushing it and cocking it up somehow

If you could get it so it slightly over hanging the back that would look :cool:

Yeah it got to the point where if I started fiddling it would be too dark to finish. Hopefully tomorrow I can get it positioned slightly better :thumbs:

If I can find the time, I may get the intake done, just not holding out hope on it.

Its my daily :p

I do live 5 minutes bike ride from work though, so she hasn't been used much lately with the nice weather we've had. Its given me the time to fix the niggles though :)

I must be one of the few people here that uses the supra more in bad weather lol

Its my daily :p

I do live 5 minutes bike ride from work though, so she hasn't been used much lately with the nice weather we've had. Its given me the time to fix the niggles though :)

I must be one of the few people here that uses the supra more in bad weather lol

I have envy of you mate, I wish I got to drive mine that often.