The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T Driveway Special

Pulley

managed to do a little more today as it wasnt raining for once

exhaust all finished, turbo all squeezed in place, just need to fit my polished TT cam covers, whifbitz power steering reservoir, forge dumpvalve and forge header tank

TT modded plenum fits perfectly

greddy oil cooler and mocal power steering cooler are sandwitched between the forge intercooler and ali radiator, ive removed my aircon system, 3" intercooler pipework and 4" turbo inlet, my turbo manifold allows the turbo to clear the dizzy

just gotta wire everything in, and get an emanage ultimate plumbed in and mapped

attachment.php?attachmentid=162421&d=1357053886

attachment.php?attachmentid=162422&d=1357053886

attachment.php?attachmentid=162423&d=1357053886

attachment.php?attachmentid=162424&d=1357053886

attachment.php?attachmentid=162425&d=1357053886

attachment.php?attachmentid=162426&d=1357053886

abacus 089.jpg

abacus 102.jpg

turbo 271.jpg

turbo 275.jpg

turbo 276.jpg

turbo 282.jpg

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the compliments, i need to do some mock ups for some stainless heatsheilds and sheild for my air filter with a cold air duct

most frustrating thing atm is not having a garage, and also having to draw the line on the mods i do now, as i want to get the car up and running sooner rather than later and i have so much more i want to do

coilpack, dizzy delete, and im halfway thru making my custom plenum and runners

this forum has so many skilled and clever fabricators, the level of finish and quality of the projects are a real inspiration

Looks very nice!

What's that pipe on the first pic when still using the NA intake manifold?

Ist this from a former intercooler piping or a custom NA intake?

Regards, Herbert

i had mocked up the intercooler pipe routing using the stock na plenum (over the top) setup before i decided to opt for ffim

ive only just finished cutting bending and flaring my pipework using the TT ffim, is much simpler without the over the top of the engine inlet i must admit

[ATTACH=CONFIG]162438[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]162439[/ATTACH]

just made another flared intercooler pipe at work today, slowly flaring and finishing all my pipework

also im not looking forewards to rewiring my dash

im impressed with the LM-2 and innovate guages

Nice! I needed a flaring tool for my pipe work but there not exactly cheap so I had to just double up on jubilee clips instead.

Looks superb!! Look forward to seeing this fully up & running, should sound nice ;)

thanks, the nur spec exhaust should sound great with the turbo, im hoping not too loud, although ive put a butterfly valve in the rear section that i can close down like a bung to tune out any drone on motorway trips

Cracking work buddy, must get a butterfly valve ! Where do you get them ?

i made mine , copied this kind of design

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXHAUST-SOUND-CONTROLLER-VALVE-60MM-SILENCER-BUNG-BAFFLE-NOISE-RESTRICTOR-Z0195-/261031706327?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc6b3bed7

machined an alloy thick flange housing for a butterfly controlled by a stepper motor to give precise control, although im going to make a "diverter" style one that routes exhaust thru another box or something

• 2 weeks later...

sorted my breather catch can , goodridge braided hoses

made an ali panel for the gap between the radiator and carbon panel, bent to suit profile

and made a test fit cardboard template for the cold air feed and heat sheild for the air filter

next weekend ill make templates for the turbo and downpipe heatsheilding and other brackets, stainless and ali

im thinking of replacing my plastic under trays with stainless or ali panels

attachment.php?attachmentid=162848&d=1358103905

attachment.php?attachmentid=162849&d=1358103905

attachment.php?attachmentid=162850&d=1358103905

template 204.jpg

template 233.jpg

template 206.jpg

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

That looks good fella! I need a bracket for my dipstick. How did you make it!

I've got full Ali/stainless cutting and bending,pressing,polishing gear at work

I either make bits for myself during my lunch break, or I'm allowed to stay late and create stuff :)