The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bmw 6 speed getrag box conversion for 2jz

chazuk

Yeah the required wires should exist on the auto loom. iirc yellow wire is 12v SW and red/black is reverse signal.

Ok. Thank you. I will check it

Also have you heard of this

The bmw throwout bearing has 2 pivot settings ?

I don’t see how the throw out bearing can be adjusted ?

To sit out a bit more ?

This is from th adapter company Collins adapters

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Thank you. I will check it

Also have you heard of this

The bmw throwout bearing has 2 pivot settings ?

I don’t see how the throw out bearing can be adjusted ?

To sit out a bit more ?

This is from th adapter company Collins adapters

yes my abc kit has two different points to use on the bearing for the fork to press against

I'm assuming it's dependant on which model of gearbox you have as some may have been designed for use with a dual mass flywheel? making the clutch position closer to inside the bel housing, I'd assume that is to just allow for height adjustment dependant on that ?

mine was all made clear by abc which mounts on the bearing to use going by my gearbox type (330d)

yes my abc kit has two different points to use on the bearing for the fork to press against

I'm assuming it's dependant on which model of gearbox you have as some may have been designed for use with a dual mass flywheel? making the clutch position closer to inside the bel housing, I'd assume that is to just allow for height adjustment dependant on that ?

mine was all made clear by abc which mounts on the bearing to use going by my gearbox type (330d)

Which release bearing did you use ?

There is a bmw release bearing which has a 2 step height adjustment !!! Anyone know what car it comes on ?

74CD772F-BA18-45DC-B2FA-61BFB2488E94.jpeg

• 4 months later...
Hi- I've done 90% of the conversion and got the clocks to run if anyone is interested...if your researching and come across this post. All you need is a standard 3 pin Toyota (Yaris...i think that's what I bought) and a signal tuner-also a little light fab'ing, PM me if you like.

Hey I know it’s an older post. I’m on the Supra forums and finished this same swap months ago

I have to get the speedo going. But can’t fogure out which one of the 2 sensors are for the speedo ? I know one is he reverse light switch. Check. The other 2? One is black and looks like a magnetic pickup and the other with brass hex is some word of temp sensor ?

Also need my techno meter working. NA auto to 6 speed.

• 1 year later...

Hi all.

I just did this conversion with PMC kit and BMW gs6-53dz box. It really isn't straight fit...

I had to make my own gearbox mount and prop shaft. I also used this Short shifter.

Everything is bolted, but now the clutch doesn't disengage. I have spacer between crank and flex plate and longer pivot pin on clutch fork. How did you guys sort this out? I'm thinking extending the slave cylinder shaft for about 5mm? Or make spacer ring for between release bearing and clutch fork to space the release bearing forward towards the pressure plate?

Get rid of ther

arm, fulcrum pin, slave cylinder and pushrod and see if you can spot face machine the inside of the bell housing to take one of the many commonly available concentric release systems. Best value are Quarter Master although you may find one off a road car will work...Pushrod actuated clutches are like pushrod actuated engine valves, dinosaurs :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

I solved it with master cylinder from Toyota Land Cruiser. Link:https://www.autodoc.co.uk/abs/7716685 and swapped the rod and reservoir from Supra master cylinder. But be carefull, the Land Cruiser cylinder has a plug on the bottom, you have to plug the hole. It looks like this: http://www.allfourx4.com.au/WebRoot/Store/Shops/allfourx4/54CF/8740/D0C2/463B/C691/C0A8/DA35/CB11/31410-60372A.jpg

After this modification, everything works as it should :)