The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black_Supras 1000 HP Big Single Build - Fully Build Engines - !!! PIC HEAVY !!!

Black_Supra

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great sarcasm mate. On a serious note is the motor rebuilt on the bottom end? Do you know why it failed?

Hey mate,

i rebuilt it and after i drove further 1000 KM for "run in" i took the car apart and sold everything!

I think the bearing failed due to following: I had 4 axial bearing failures on the Turbo. Each time it received a whole rebuild through a good shop. There was a design failure on the old BW Turbos. On the 4th rebuild the Turbo received a 360° axial bearing, before it just had a 270° axial bearing. The 270° axial bearing couldn`t hold the force and there was a lot of wear on the material. This material was in the engine/oil because i made no oil change after each Turbo rebuild. This is just my oppinion but it seems plausible.

Then i bought the GT-R which i own till today and I´m really happy with the car.

But last year there was a chance to get a supra again and i bought it here from the Forum!