Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sequential turbo problems

Supree mo fo Club Member suprattgaz's Avatar
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Thanks
    Unique UK Twin Hybrids, 6spd Jspec 550 injectors, Walbro fuel pump, Emanage Ultimate ECU, FMIC, SSQV BOV, Apexi induction kit, Custom Stainless exhaust, full de-cat, Blitz DSBC, iridium plugs + tons of body & suspension work

~ 450bhp and similar figure in torque

steviek Club Member
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    fantastic write up, is there a way of checking the vsv's eg an ohmic value or anything thanks

I'm part of the furniture MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED Jurgen-Jm-Imports's Avatar
    Feedback
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steviek View Post
    fantastic write up, is there a way of checking the vsv's eg an ohmic value or anything thanks
    yes use a voltmeter and the readings should go up as you rev the car.

Built 4 Boost !!!!!! Club Member hodge's Avatar
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steviek View Post
    Whats the symptoms of the car.
    No point being the richest man in the Graveyard.

I'm addicted now! Club Member
    Feedback
    58 (98%)
    Hi all wondering if anyone can help me

I feel the second turbo is not kicking in, however it works fine (most of the time) when i do the ttc mod and has the fault just intermitently
    Silver n/a 5 speed
    black na-tt 5 speed BPU+++ (SOLD)
    Silver TT6 - (SOLD)
    Soarer 2.5TT
    Black n/a aero

Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Sounds like the iacv vsv is dead mate. I have a good used one if you need it, removed from my car a couple of weeks ago

Work... what work? MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    This is an interesting detailed thread where I am trying to troubleshoot an intermittent boost problem I have had for a while.

Whilst cruising at a constant speed for a while for example on motorway without using 2nd turbo and then I floor the throttle, the revs climbs up past 5k before the 2nd turbo decides to engage very gradually. If I back off the throttle and then repeat this again, the 2nd turbo comes on earlier as should. Seems issue is intermittent but frustrating when 2nd turbo does not engage when needed and revs climbs.

Can this be VSV associated? I tested the IACV and EGBV ones which both click with 12v power applied

Work... what work? Club Member Mad Hatter's Avatar
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprahitz View Post
    This is an interesting detailed thread where I am trying to troubleshoot an intermittent boost problem I have had for a while.

Whilst cruising at a constant speed for a while for example on motorway without using 2nd turbo and then I floor the throttle, the revs climbs up past 5k before the 2nd turbo decides to engage very gradually. If I back off the throttle and then repeat this again, the 2nd turbo comes on earlier as should. Seems issue is intermittent but frustrating when 2nd turbo does not engage when needed and revs climbs.

Can this be VSV associated? I tested the IACV and EGBV ones which both click with 12v power applied
    hose leak?
    just had this on mine where the top mount at the back of the cam cover has split. cleaned it out and is ok with new hoses.

Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Thanks buddy. Which top mount you referring to behind cam cover?

Work... what work? Club Member Mad Hatter's Avatar
    Feedback
    I meant the IACV hoses.

much like everything old, these get very brittle and can leak. I ripped them all off and replaced with new hoses and found my turbo spool up problem stopped.

Just be very careful with the VSV. Where the hoses join it can also be brittle and they are easy to break.

Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Thanks bud, will look into that one

I can post! Club Member
    Feedback
    Hey guys,

before i open a new thread, i would like to ask here first.
    I bought the Car with TTC Mod already. I put it back and made near all Hoses new and set it back to Seq. Mod.
    I installed also an Apexi AVC-R.
    Today i got the AVC-R fully working, but the Seq Mod doesnt Work how it should.

My 1st Turbo goes till 0.5 bar. The 2nd Turbo kicks in too late, and only when i play with the throttle, that means when i push it 100%, it revs over 4k, than i have to go down and press it slightly down, then the Turbo kicks in.
    Hoses are good. Then i mesuared the IACV VSV and the other VSV. The IACV VSV has unlimited Ohm, so I think it should be dead
    The other shows me between 72Ohm and 73Ohm at cold Valve.

Could this be my problem, that the 2nd Turbo comes so late, because it doesn't has Pre-Spooling?

Thank you! Greetings from Germany.

I'm a newbie Club Member
    Feedback
    I had a very similar issue yesterday. Having a play with a mates 400hp r33 gtr. It came on song at 4k both turbo's pulling hard then i noticed a load of dash lights. Pulled over and checked everything was ok. Turned the car off and back on, no dash lights. 1st turbo pulls well but no 2nd turbo rush at 4k. Gonna order new vac hose and go through the system as i check the turbine blade for play.

I'm a newbie Club Member
    Feedback
    I know this is old news to you guys, i thought id have a look for split/blown vac lines. Havent seen any yet, tested the iacv controller number 4 and number 7 with 12 volts and can hear them click and operate. Took the inlet pipe off turbo 2 and the wheel has no play and looks great so im not too worried really but im gonna replace every hose i can see with new and go from there. Any other ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12