The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra RSP 1998 Rebuild "The Blue Beast"

JasonR24

Took delivery of johnny Gs shell today and wanted to start this thread to share my experience with you guys and also to keep a record of what's going on with the car :)

Ok so the story begins with a phone call to robD on the forum who I met a while back when I had my NA. Who I was chatting to one night on the phone, he mentioned of a amazing RSP coloured shell for sale on the forum and we talked about how we could get it running. Originally we thought sticking a cheap NA auto in it to get it road worthy as I was (and still am) skint! But as is the way it never went that way. I eneded up getting a loan out (bigger than I planned) to get all the bits ready for a TT auto beast :)

A began sourcing bits I'd need as I'd thought I'd found a cheap TT engine but got mugged off by some garage in Leeds who I stick by to this day are time wasting @&!?'s. Anyway robD found a dirty cheap uk spec and we had a a road trip and I half getting it back. For a car that's done over 200k it's lovely.... Well was.... It's now gutted but due to good reason. It's rusted underneath badly. Anyway most of my bits are now covered, also got some free wheels and tyres thanks to alter rob on the forum, with his lovely red aero top! Thanks again mate :)

The things iv spent money on so far are:

Johnny's shell

Uk bits (lights,wheels,interior,engine,gearbox, exhaust etc

Labour

Transport

Front mount intercooler kit

FCD

Boost controller

And still looking for first de cat :)

So as you can see gearing up for bpu! ;)

Ok so yesterday I went to SRD to drop the wheels off to keep the car rolling as there was a mix up of it not being kept a rolling shell. Surprisingly it was a ok drive and went over the dartford bridge:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349262863.594237.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349262890.061092.jpg

So that was cool :)

Lees a good bloke and said he'd fit the wheels so it's ready to go car looked like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349262942.572718.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349262962.560819.jpg

So yea very very bare! But no worries it'll look good in the end, always stay positive and that ;)

So wheels dropped off and returned home.

Got up today and doug arrived with my car on the trailer and god it looked sexy ;) was a bit of a pain to get up the hill but I was steering sitting on the bare floor so no pushing for me hehe!

And here's how the car sits now. As soon as bits start coming together and the fun really begins I'll have more photos :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349263499.517753.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349263535.295150.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349263546.707044.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349263555.606560.jpg

Doesn't have a spoiler as johnny said he will send it to me. Hopefully it'll be here ASAP :)

20/10/12

Ok so today we got round to doing some bits on the doner car:

Here's the uk spec in pieces, seems a shame till you see the state of the underneath:

That front bar under the rad has rusted to nothing and cut out by someone.... Safe or what...

Here's the engine in pieces, no pipes on it ready for removal!

My 17" alloys going on the beast...need new rear tyres tho

Uk spec headlights! Yay!

Anyway just a small update on how it's going. Won't be another week and a half till more gets done, unless I get down there tomorrow. But once we get cracking it should be up and running ASAP!

Update 18/12/12

Ok quick up date, it's ridiculously late! But here's some pictures of the progress so far:

Headlights in

Engine in

Interior coming along, all belts and speakers in, minus passenger door which needs doing!

Interior trim to go on... Lol

Also I'm missing the two pieces that go around the top of the door and the passenger handle. If anyone has these and doesn't want them I'll have them.

Thanks!

The prop and shifter to go on!

Anyway little update but good to see even the smallest progress

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14/02/13 happy valentines day supra :D

RobD has been busy this week putting bits on the car!

Fuel lines in. diff on, drive shafts on:

Exhaust on (fully decatted) ;)

And the engine bay looking pretty sexy if I do say so myself :D

Thinking much more carbon in the future :)

So yea little bit here little bit there and things are moving along nicely going to pick up another drivers shock and spring as mine was leaking and also sort the boot battery conversion.

Other things to sort are the coil pack clips which are dead and to sort some fixings for the FMIC. Other than that should be finished sooner rather than later :D which is good because tax runs out on the celica at the end of next month and the supra needs some new rear tyres!

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Jason,

Will you and rob finally be ready for a run with me when I return back to the UK :eyebrows:....

Wish I was there to help you guys, But can't wait to see this up in running, the celica was down on some power last time we met.lol:p

Hey dude! Yea definitely go for a run! When are you next back?

Cheers, I tell you what I'm hoping the fitting will be easier than the stripping! Yea the celica gets beat by everything lol dam is it reliable though!

• 1 month later...
Coming along nicely. You should buy some of the Whifbitz blue pulleys whilst they are in offer today.:thumbs:

Cheers mate

How much are they? My budget is spent now lol.

Iv the following bits I still need to go full BPU and no cash to do it lol:

Head gasket kit/head skimming when head comes off for valve stem seals

First uk spec de cat

Brake pads for ls400 fronts

Rear tyres

Interior a pillar trim

There's probably more but like iv said No money to do it. Id like some nice alloys too but ATM stuck with standard 16s or 17s so went for the 17s.