The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nürburgring 2013

SteveR

The management has been passed back to the local government control after the failed vision of private enterprise which built the on-site hotel, rollercoaster, blah blah and then ramped prices up and tried to force competition away, in order to pay the bills for it all. Whoever runs it long term will tun it much more like it was, which suited tourists, locals and local businesses alike. :)

You either meet the noise limit or you try to creep past the marshals and hope you don't get spot-checked. Tanebe touring medallion on my single = no issues.

Noise Limit is not that of a problem... I'm there 5-6times per year and never have seen a Car being checked at the entrance or banned because of the exhaust and the Noise Limit on Track is fairly high "...the maximum soundpower level (140 dB [A]) stipulated by Nürburgring Betriebsgesellschaft mbH, measured when the vehicle is driving past." ;)

Still no new Dates for 2013 :(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
What month are you thinking Steve? Still July/August?

Yeah I think so, Easter is always really busy (which means it's also really crash-y and thus there's lots of closures). Also, we are expecting anther baby at the end of May. Mostly it's the Easter crashes though. ;)

July August would be great, I've yet to take a supra round green hell, and haven't been for 3 years so will be fun

Doing it in a more comfortable car will be more enjoyable too lol

It is addictive and hard not to chase lap times (7.38 B-G pb) lol

Thats a bloody good time, obviously i dont need to tell you that:cool: what was that in/on btw.

July 13th might be the Suprapod replacement, so if you can avoid being too close to that it would be handy. August might be good. Then there is JAE at the start of Sept and DragonCol The Sassenach Invasion hopefully at the end of Sept. It will be a busy summer.

Sounds like a plan is forming for early to mid August :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just to update this, I've decided my eldest son and I are going to the Belgium F1 GP (Aug 23rd), so we're going to nip over to the Ring for the Mon/Tue-Thu beforehand. They only snag is, it's only open for a couple of hours in the evenings on those days, which is fine for what I'm after (just a few laps in my 530d to show my boy around the place, not try to set a lap time, and to go go-karting and do other touristy stuff in the day), but I'd guess that's not of interest for anyone else.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good to see there is still interest in N'ring excursions ;)

As Supra owners it is one of the few places whereby you see what makes the Supra a fantastic car. Not only that it is able to take you to and from England in comfort and ease, but that it can also drive like it can on a 22km 147 corner track with ease and give you a feeling of wanting "more of that please" !

:)

Shame I'm not going in my Supra then? ;)

There are 4 us going in my E39 530d: we're off to see the Belgian F1 GP and I'm using that as an excuse to nip over to the Ring for a few days first. As much as I'd prefer to be driving the Supra round a lap, for this trip the BMW is preferable for everywhere else.