Thread: 1jzgte Vs 2jzgte

I'm addicted now! Club Member
    Feedback
    14 (100%)

1jzgte Vs 2jzgte

I'm thinking of going 1jzgte and was wondering how well the engine does in a supra compared to the 2jzgte?
    Anyone running 1jz auto?

Me? Post? Never! MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    I run a 1jz. As do little num and Pedro.
    They are a revvier engines the 1jz.

Turbos are parallel on a 1jz, kick in at same time
    2jz run 1st Turbo then 2nd

Feedback
    14 (100%)
    What kind of 0-60 time you running? Is it a weight save?

SRD900 Supra Club Member Luxluc's Avatar
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Littlenum was running 380bhp through his 1JZ.

It was really fast.
    Last edited by Luxluc; 31-07-12 at 13:46.
    Euro-spec SRD900 Supra

unpredictable Club Member pedrosixfour's Avatar
    Feedback
    31 (100%)
    Compared to a 2JZ the 1J is physically lighter, revs higher (but its not recommended to regularly hit the limiter without some bottom end attention), is a true twin turbo, almost as powerful in stock trim but has less torque (which helps the weaker W58 a little) and is just as strong/tuneable with almost as much in the line of tuning parts available. 1JZ head was also developed by Beams/Yamaha, I'm not sure if the same applies to the 2JZ

They can also be picked up for considerably less than the 2J which means more money to get it all sorted.

I'm very happy with mine, thankee sai.
    BPU'd 1JZ-GTE SZ-R, Ozzy Dumps, R154, Lightweight flywheel, 6 puck clutch, Aeromotive 340lph pump, J-spec 440cc Injectors, Miami GT SMIC, TRD Panel Filter, Oil & PS Coolers, Stripped Interior, HKS Gauge Set, Full Cage, Sparco Seats & Harnesses, 4/2 Pot Brakes (DBA Discs, Hawk Race Pads), 17" Volk F-zeros (9"FR & 10"RR), CW Fast Road Bilsteins, Full Superpro Polybush Kit, 4.273 FGR, Lots of one-offs!

As a race we are fundamentaly insane, which kinda lets me off the hook for my recent activities......

Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Sounds like more fun to be had with the 1jz and less hassle going manual (5speed). so a BPU'd 1jz would make....bhp?

Me? Post? Never! MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Bout 380bhp.

unpredictable Club Member pedrosixfour's Avatar
    Feedback
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spider2123 View Post
    Sounds like more fun to be had with the 1jz and less hassle going manual (5speed). so a BPU'd 1jz would make....bhp?
    380 - 400bhp at the flywheel without much fuss.

I was dyno'd at 320bhp @ standard boost (0.7 Bar) and 6k rpm, couldn't take it any higher on the day than that due to me being a pleb and the petrol in the tank being 2 years old. I'll do another run in the next few weeks to get a better idea of it's full potential.

The NA engine I had in the car prior to the swap produced 196bhp with a tubular manifold and a decat on the same dyno.
    BPU'd 1JZ-GTE SZ-R, Ozzy Dumps, R154, Lightweight flywheel, 6 puck clutch, Aeromotive 340lph pump, J-spec 440cc Injectors, Miami GT SMIC, TRD Panel Filter, Oil & PS Coolers, Stripped Interior, HKS Gauge Set, Full Cage, Sparco Seats & Harnesses, 4/2 Pot Brakes (DBA Discs, Hawk Race Pads), 17" Volk F-zeros (9"FR & 10"RR), CW Fast Road Bilsteins, Full Superpro Polybush Kit, 4.273 FGR, Lots of one-offs!

As a race we are fundamentaly insane, which kinda lets me off the hook for my recent activities......

Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Getting into an NA after not driving a supra for two year felt fast enough but it is wearing me down now, need to talk to Conrad and see of he's 1jz swap is still avalible . Standard power(320) would be a massive improvement.

Do Luck owning Club Member Swampy442's Avatar
    Feedback
    45 (100%)
    I was getting 380 on stock fuelling and turbos on a 1JZ Soarer. Both engines have totally different characters when driven back to back, 1JZ is more free reving and responsive.
    They respond well to cams and a single turbo, nice Holsett HX35 would give you a proper quick car.
    I would gladly pay you 10 to never log onto this forum again, and I am serious. Scott M

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wilson View Post
    I did terrible things to girls I had only just met, and they loved it.

Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Such a tempting swap, do I need to replace the diff on my NA to cope with the power? Does the soarer diff fit?

Do Luck owning Club Member Swampy442's Avatar
    Feedback
    45 (100%)
    Soare diff is the same item as the J spec Supras, obviously geared different for autos and manual
    I would gladly pay you 10 to never log onto this forum again, and I am serious. Scott M

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wilson View Post
    I did terrible things to girls I had only just met, and they loved it.