The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

Thanks to lee at srd for the quick service for the new boost solenoid

Finally made a start on finishing the car off today. Got everything ready for the intake side to go back together tomorrow and also started to investigate an oil drain line on turbo 1 as it was fouling the alternator. Hopefully get that modified tomorrow and then that's the hot side finished

Should have better progress pics through the week :thumbs:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So managed to get the car back to resembling a car! Not much left to do now in the bay, just need to get some intercooler pipework altered and a reducer then we are ready to fire it up! Couldn't have got this far without the help of Nevins.....suppose I can thank Ben for doing something as well when we needed advice on something :rlol:

Some nice progress made today on mocking up and fitting the new FMIC and sorting out the new boost solenoid, just a final few things to do, radiator on and fluids done and then it's ready to be fired up!

Hoping to get everything finished tomorrow or Monday and then ready for turning over :D

We were close last night but just couldn't get fuel, so heading back out shortly and checking what syvecs is saying. Fingers crossed it will be fired up today..

Fingers crossed for you, really looking forward to seeing the end result

• 2 weeks later...

If you have been following me on Facebook then you will see that I never made mapping sadly! I have a starting issue that's slowly killing my will to live and testing my patience on this build now!

**i will try and upload the video later**

Even though I'm taking a step back from working on the car just now (probably for a good while), I thought I would test fit some "retro" onto the car :hide: can't wait to hear/see people's reactions :p

Should get the boot and bumper back next week, so hopefully get everything back together and get it back on all 4 wheels!

Take as step back from it for a few days mate and clear your head. Im sure it will be sorted

YEA

Take them glow sticks off, put them in the middle of a field and set light to them lol

No chance haha they are staying! They are making a comeback over in Japan and won't be log until they are back over here again ;)

No chance haha they are staying! They are making a comeback over in Japan and won't be log until they are back over here again ;)

Blackpool couldn't afford the trailer hire to get my car there :rlol: everything on my car has been a gamble and these were no difference. When it's a solid purple it actually goes really well as I thought it wouldn't lol

car looks lovely but the neons make it look tacky and outdated, ive never met you are you a young lad?

Everything on this build has been a gamble so far and the lights were the same, at £23 it was worth a punt. I built this car to stand out and be different to get people's attention and that's exactly what I'm achieving :) but no I am not a "young lad" anymore sadly

I'm going against the majority here and will say I love them! Would I fit them? No. But I think they look great :)

When it's a solid colour it is a lot better than the stupid multi colour lol

I wondered whether you'd post them on here lol.

I love them

Haha course I would, what's the worst that can happen haha, just upset some pursuits :taped:

Love them want some myself

Can supply you the link if need be bud

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had the motivation today and the help from keith (kwalker705) to get back to this thing! First port of call was to strip all the intake side back and see what was missed and also a general tidy up since it was rushed during previous install and looked shocking. Found a few things that weren't connect and even another earth that wasn't even bolted to anything! That's what happens when it's all thrown back together and try save time...had to order up a new 120amp fuse from Toyota, so that will be here on Saturday.