The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

Colour looks awesome mate, reminds me of that midnight purple the R33 GTR's come in

Yeah it's like that colour but slightly more purple, it's an Australian colour for the Holden (not sure on what model lol)

i realy like that colour mate.

Cheers dude, it's a really hard colour to try and capture lol.

**update**

Came home from work to find a delivery of car parts! Big thanks to Jody_T and paul whiffin for the parts. Just have 1 more delivery to arrive from Toyota next week and then everything is there to start putting the car back together [emoji16]

I should have some pictures tomorrow of the panels starting to see some colour :D I honestly can't get over how good it looks, pictures really don't do it justice lol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love your build Alex. Can't believe you're leaving silver behind though!

Haha cheers Jason :) as much as I did like the silver and if looked after its a stunning colour, I just needed the change! Will be doing the engine bay over winter and also dropping the subframes to replace and paint parts and a full under seal

Yeah it's like that colour but slightly more purple, it's an Australian colour for the Holden (not sure on what model lol)

Cheers dude, it's a really hard colour to try and capture lol.

**update**

Came home from work to find a delivery of car parts! Big thanks to Jody_T and paul whiffin for the parts. Just have 1 more delivery to arrive from Toyota next week and then everything is there to start putting the car back together [emoji16]

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160617/de31b055d8cd877038a907df86761034.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160617/c480d5cc1662fde2e24c408f90fd3a1c.jpg

I should have some pictures tomorrow of the panels starting to see some colour :D I honestly can't get over how good it looks, pictures really don't do it justice lol

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160617/2ade82d869ccabe6cd875d55a453b376.jpg

looks a lot like a Rover colour !!! maybe you should get a 214 or 200 series badge for the back :p

looks a lot like a Rover colour !!! maybe you should get a 214 or 200 series badge for the back :p

Haha yeah I'll change all Toyota badges to rover keith lol :p :p

Did you post a list previously of all the rubber seals you were changing and the part numbers Alex? I know someone did it, wasn't sure if it was you?

Yeah I did mate, I posted up here with all the part numbers and prices plus posted a separate thread aswell

looks sweet mate :thumbs:

Cheers dude :thumbs:

Was planning on going to see it this weekend since it's getting close to finished, but I now need to work :( I'm hoping to have some new pics this weekend as the shell was due in to paint yesterday/today and then put back together next week :)

Looks lovely mate in the recent pictures be keen to see how she turns out. The colour reminds me of supra ufo's car

/QUOTE]

Cheers Jake, the colour is hard to catch in a picture. Should be getting decent pics next week hopefully :)

**Update**

Toyota have got in touch today and said that the rear 1/4 window that was due to be delivered last Monday, now won't be here untill September :blink: looks like I might just have to use my old window for the time being. The car got primed and sanded back the last few days, the painter wasn't happy with some very minor imperfections so took it back down and then re-primed it. Should have some colour pics next week though with it waiting for its mot :)

Also got some custom oem style badges/emblems made for the car in gold to contrast the new colour

Popped past the body shop on the way home tonight, if things goto plan then it will be getting put back together by the weekend for the mot next week! Talk about cutting it close for the wroxhall abbey meet :blink:

Incase anyone is wondering why it's taken this long to get to this stage, it's down to a combination of not really being in a hurry for the car and both my and the painters OCD getting the better of us! It's clear to see once you remove all the layers of paint, it has had a few dodgy repairs prior to my ownership, so every single imperfection on the car has been sorted and you could never tell that anything was wrong/there! Should have some pictures of the shell in colour by the middle/end of the week, I just hope I can catch it in picture how good this colour is.

On another note, I received my custom oem style emblems for the car in gold, so should contrast perfect with the purple :D

Also picked up some Japanese reg plates for shows and photos

Also bought a novelty gear knob for the car as something different from the oem one