The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yet another new guy.

MannDuo

Hey guys, I'm Lee and currently living on the Isle of Man.

The Supra has always been my dream car, and the opportunity to own one finally came round when a 94 NA 5speed popped up at what I believe to be an absolute bargain!

I pretty much had the intention of buying it no matter what condition due to price, so was quite shocked at actually being in OK condition, far from perfect, yet perfect for me!

So it's currently got the Veilside wing, bumper, and skirts, which will all be getting removed and replaced. I'm currently deciding on what though, TRD carbon spoiler, Trial Rear bumper, and unsure on the front bumper, there's to many to choose from!

So the car itself has 55,000 miles, full service history including pre-import, and is mostly standard apart from kit and suspension.

Plenty of plans for her! So i'm sure I will be popping up here and there asking questions as I go along, it will be a very long project though as the funds roll in.

Welcome to the club! :) - I like your plans for the bodywork mate, very nice choice indeed. As for the front bumper there's so many to choose from, you can either go back to stock which most people prefer but its all up to you :). Sounds like you have a good base car for any future plans :). Be sure to post up some pictures of your beauty and dont be shy to ask any questions.

Welcome to the club! :) - I like your plans for the bodywork mate, very nice choice indeed. As for the front bumper there's so many to choose from, you can either go back to stock which most people prefer but its all up to you :). Sounds like you have a good base car for any future plans :). Be sure to post up some pictures of your beauty and dont be shy to ask any questions.

I was planning on posting pictures, but with the full veilside on (with the front bumper being pretty badly damaged too) I don't really want those as the first image to you guys of my car as it's a bit urm... 90's Fast & Furious, lol.

Engine runs perfect, sounds perfect, I really can't find any major faults with it apart from the cracked bumper, so I really think I got a bargain price! Thanks for the welcome!

*I'll upload some pictures actually, and put them in this post.

Oh, and slightly wonky bumper, lol

Internets deciding to be super slow, so there's two for now.

Edited by MannDuo (see edit history)

I was planning on posting pictures, but with the full veilside on (with the front bumper being pretty badly damaged too) I don't really want those as the first image to you guys of my car as it's a bit urm... 90's Fast & Furious, lol.

Engine runs perfect, sounds perfect, I really can't find any major faults with it apart from the cracked bumper, so I really think I got a bargain price! Thanks for the welcome!

*I'll upload some pictures actually, and put them in this post.

Yeah man dont be afraid we dont bite! :p Its a supra at the end of the day :D. If you need any help just start a thread or use the search button, someone will always have an answer to your question.

Yeah man dont be afraid we dont bite! :p Its a supra at the end of the day :D. If you need any help just start a thread or use the search button, someone will always have an answer to your question.

Ha ha, added above then. And I don't mind if you's bite, it's all getting changed anyway! Lol

Also thinking Anthracite, hmm. Decisions decisions.

Edited by MannDuo (see edit history)

Its not all that bad! Ive seen worse - I must admit though it will look much better with a different kit.

If it was me personally i would go with

Stock front/ Do-luck bumper

OEM Skirts

Stock bumper/Trial rear

With Half Carbon TRD rear wing (Which are rare)

That sounds pretty much exactly how I want it to be honest!

P.s, it was less than a grand.

You paid less than £1k for the car?

Only just, but yes. What can I say, I was NOT missing the opportunity, I didn't care of condition due to price, lol!

Thing that shocks me the most is that there isn't a single fault (yet) with the engine, gearbox is ultra smooth, no knocks or rattles, it's literally just the body work that needs sorting to make it nice for the road.

I'm chuffed really!

Only just, but yes. What can I say, I was NOT missing the opportunity, I didn't care of condition due to price, lol!

Thing that shocks me the most is that there isn't a single fault (yet) with the engine, gearbox is ultra smooth, no knocks or rattles, it's literally just the body work that needs sorting to make it nice for the road.

I'm chuffed really!

No word of a lie thats the best bargin ive seen for a supra!!! From the pictures it looks mint :).

He he, £975 cash. I was gonna keep the price a secret, but figured if I told it then no one could find faults and laugh at me, lol!

Now to find the cash to fix her up and run it, :thumbdown:

Yeah they cost alot to run mate! Even worse when in a Twin turbo. When that 2nd turbo kicks in you can kiss bye bye to the fuel very quickly lol.

Back on topic - You done really well getting it for that price :) - Looks a really good buy.

Well, I am sure at that price you brought it for its a bargain. Normally i see n/a go for £2,500.00 - £3,000.00+

So good job on finding one that cheap. If it its only cosmetics that needs to be done then its well worth it for a full functioning non turbo supra.

I'm honestly not gonna hold my breath and I am waiting for something catastrophic to happen, ha ha!

But the actual list of faults I can find are as follows.

1) Front bumper is BADLY smashed up, un-repairable, nothing damaged/bent/twisted behind the bumper though.

2) Bonnet is slightly wonky, easy fix

3) Boot struts don't keep boot open, replacing.

4) Right side interior roof light, bulb has gone

5) Driver door side vent has little bit of plastic missing.

And this is all I can find, seriously.

• 2 months later...

So i'm an official paid up member now, even though I don't post a lot I find the information on here invaluable, so thought it was about time and joined properly.

Haven't managed anything really with the car due to saving for a holiday, and that is literally taking all the funds. Car is currently off the road due to not being able to afford to tax it right now (£304 over here), so all I have managed to do is remove the HIDEOUS park bench from the rear, repair the bumper (Which is getting replaced anyway, just wanted it looking a bit more presentable), and sort the interior out as it was badly covered in CF wrap, and other assortments.

Money will finally be getting put into the car around March time next year (When I get back from Japan) So I will probably make a progress thread to keep myself up to date, and spoil you all with pictures!

Anyway, one question to ask really, what are these cars like for sitting. Obviously the car can't currently be on the road, so wondering what the best approach is to keep it in good nick, and make sure it will still run a few months down the line.

Cheers guys.,

Lee