The mkiv Supra Owners Club

insurance...

a7x

being observing insurance quotes for a n/a supra since i have joined again and the prices have jumped around alot for me from £900 to £1200 in 2 months and have looked this morning on confused site and i am on £1139 at moment...

Tried a 4X4 insurance for my partner and i (towing horses with) and it came out £100 less a year than supra...

Insurance companies have got there prices all screwed up...

Just checking to see what others are paying roughly a monthly for fully comp insurance, will help me out to see if iam paying over odds or just about right price for supra insurance or not...

thanks Dom/interceptor.

need more info really mate stock? age? NCB? etc etc

I paid nearly a year ago £1000 for a NA/5 speed, unlimited mileage no excess at 21 and 4 NCB, with mods declared, exhaust, wheels etc etc hope this helps.

yes n/a stock with no mods declared, unlimited mileage, me 45 years old with 6 years ncd under Preston pr25 postcode and excess of £500...

yes n/a stock with no mods declared, unlimited mileage, me 45 years old with 6 years ncd under Preston pr25 postcode and excess of £500...

How many miles do you do and do you use the car for work/commuting?

I have mine on a classic policy but we have two other cars in the household. I only pay £303.00 for a TT.

H.

I pay £800 per year for a 1994 3.0 SZ, im only 21 with 4 years driving and 4 years no claims, 5k miles per year, all mods declared, £500 excess, clear license

And thats with elephant, yeah i know they arent supposed to be brilliant but they will do for now, i had to ring them 3 times just to make sure they had the correct details as i couldnt see how this was so cheap lol, when i received my papers i checked everything over and all is fine :-)

I have mine on a classic policy but we have two other cars in the household. I only pay £303.00 for a TT.

H.

how the hell do you get a supra on a classic policy... please please do tell???...

and who's that with...

thanks Dom.

Originally Posted by Havard

H.

do around 6000 a year and thats with commuting to work as well...

Edited by a7x
missed out qoute... (see edit history)

do around 6000 a year and thats with commuting to work as well...

Aah, a classic will not cover you for commuting as it's meant to be an SDP type of policy. If you have other vehicles in the household and this is not a main car then most insurers will offer a policy. Most classics are for cars that are 15 years and older. I found Lynbrook who cover cars over 10 years.

It looks as if your circumstances are not ideal for a classic. Unless you started using a banger for work?

H.

Aah, a classic will not cover you for commuting as it's meant to be an SDP type of policy. If you have other vehicles in the household and this is not a main car then most insurers will offer a policy. Most classics are for cars that are 15 years and older. I found Lynbrook who cover cars over 10 years.

It looks as if your circumstances are not ideal for a classic. Unless you started using a banger for work?

H.

or just say i am using another car when i am not and just use the supra

when i eventually get one again in August 2015...

many thanks for that H

thanks Dom