The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coilover Spring Rate Register

johnny g

what a good thread,

maybe a star rating on experiances with them would be nice to have

Yes i totally agree but some info could be missleading as it

will be down to the individuals opinion which we know on here is rather varied.

There is also the arb's and lower profile tyres to be taken into consideration on

how firm a car feels

Im very supprised going through the list that the Eibachs

are the next heaviest spring rate after the stock UK springs.

My Eibachs are firm enough so god knows what the ones listed

with over double the poundage ride like.

Obviously i need to take into account that my car has TRD arb's

and much lower profile tyres than stock which as i said will

affect the ride.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Just remembered that the Japanese and Australian Tein spring rates are different (Aussie roads are shockingly bad, and needed a softer spring), but will have to dig around to find the details if you're interested.

Yes, please! Anything to make the list as comprehensive as possible.

Might be an idea to add a column to show by how much the springs lower the ride height and perhaps where known what damping adjustment the 'coilovers' have, it would also help identify the different models by including the part number as some specs/part numbers vary by country.

A few to add to the list:

48130-JA800 TRD (Japan) Springs Front 107.8N/mm -15mm, Rear 92.1N/mm -15mm

48000-JA801 TRD/Bilstein (Japan) Suspension Set, 3 stage height adjustment (15mm・-25mm・-35mm) Front 107.8N/mm/Rear 92.1N/mm

SKY02-S1B00 Tein (Japan) S-Tech Springs (2JZ-GE) Front 10k/-32mm Rear 4.9k/-20mm

SKT60-S1B00 Tein (Japan) S-Tech Springs (2JZ-GTE) Front 10k/-36mm Rear 4.9k/-42mm

SKL18-AUB00 Tein (USA) S-Tech Springs Front 12kgf/mm/671lbs/in, -28mm Rear 6.5kgf/mm/364lbs/in, -25mm

T168TD RSR Ti2000 (Titanium) DOWN Springs Front 8.33kgf/mm -35-40mm, Rear 4.2kgf/mm -20-25mm

T168D RSR DOWN Springs Front 8.33kgf/mm -35-40mm, Rear 4.2kgf/mm -20-25mm

EST-134 ESPELIR Active GT Springs Front 8.6kgf/mm 30-35mm, Rear 4.6kgf/mm 25-30mm

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Google :innocent:

https://www.driftshop.com/d2-racing-street-coilovers-toyota-supra-mk4.html

Front spring rate : 18,6 kgF/mm

Rear spring rate : 9,8 kgF/mm

Hi DNK

Thanks for your reply. Im a real noob at all this. The D2 shocks you quote arent the same as mine and I cant find them anywhere on the D2 site - Theres no model I can see as theyre installed on the car. They are a pink and yellow colour though (possibly disontinued). Thanks.

Hi DNK

Thanks for your reply. Im a real noob at all this. The D2 shocks you quote arent the same as mine and I cant find them anywhere on the D2 site - Theres no model I can see as theyre installed on the car. They are a pink and yellow colour though (possibly disontinued). Thanks.

They list several D2 kits all with different spring rates so you'll need to find which ones you have or get the springs tested