The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1993 Storm Blue GZ Auto

Guest RussJ

Guest RussJ

Hi Everyone,

After 6 lovely years the sad day has come when my Supe has to go :(

She's a high mileage at 152K but only ever been stock boost and has full service history.

On Pistonheads for £4500 but would would like her to find a good home with someone here.

Thanks for looking:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3804447.htm

[ATTACH=CONFIG]149633[/ATTACH]

RussJ.

Guest RussJ

Thanks guys. People on here know that Supras go on and on if looked after properly.

A fact sadly not appreciated in the wider car market.

My hope is as SupraDan says that she goes to someone who really wants a TT but is maybe stuck on an N/A budget.

No PM's yet - but it is only day 1 :)

Guest RussJ

The reading was in miles since before I got her at 80K.

She was originally imported by JIC.

I cannot remember what the KM reading was when she was done but the conversion certificate is in the paperwork.

It won't make that much difference as the majority of the use is in the UK.

Russ I always like to ask with long term owners, but bar perhaps a front crank pulley that i'm assuming from your advert you've had replaced, what else has ever gone wrong in your period of ownership. Any Mot failures? ever been stranded by her etc?

Guest RussJ
Russ I always like to ask with long term owners, but bar perhaps a front crank pulley that i'm assuming from your advert you've had replaced, what else has ever gone wrong in your period of ownership. Any Mot failures? ever been stranded by her etc?

I've never had any nasty surprises. Everything that needed doing was down to age/mileage and as such was picked up before it became a problem.

She had all the usual Supra things like the crank pulley, starter solenoid contacts, brittle coil pack connectors etc. No engine issues though, no turbo trouble and all the electrical equipment still works perfectly.

The only time she failed the MOT was when the original exahaust finally started to blow after 15 years. I wasn't too bothered as she went a lot better after fitting the Nur-spec :)

I don't think I have been particularly lucky, they are incredibly reliable cars if kept reasonably stock and serviced.

Their rivals from the 90's haven't faired so well - for example how many Mitsubishi GTO's do you see on the road now?

Mr T. did a pretty good job with Supra in my view.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.