The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD "Battery to Boot" complete relocation kit

Jamesy

We have now finalised details, kit, spec and pictures for this new battery to boot relocation kit.

This really helps to tidy up the engine bay and is essential if you plan on running an aftermarket plenum :)

The kit comes complete with everything needed to relocate your battery.

We can also supply a full range of the battery pictured: The Kinetic range are dry cell batteries which are highly recommended when running a battery inside your car :)

SRD Battery to boot relocation kit - £210 inc Vat :)

* Please call or pm for a fitted price

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

Jamesy, what size wire comes with the kit. Looks to be 2 awg? Is there more to the kit not shown? I.E wirring for alt to fusebox/starter.

The wire is 0 gauge, there will be more bits in the final kit. 4 gauge wire can be included as well if you want to run new cable to the starter ect but its not needed. The kit is designed to bolt to the original terminal which goes to the battery, this then supplies everything no problem.

which battery would you recommand for a daily driver small single with stock stereo?

Either the KHC 1400 or KHC 1800 would be ideal for a supra as they are the correct size.

The KHC 1400 is 1400w 60AH £259.99

The KHC 1800 is 1800w 81AH £279.99

The 1800 has a bit more reserve capacity but is slightly larger and heavier but will still fit in the factory battery tray.

Nice kit, i have one in my car.

Either the KHC 1400 or KHC 1800 would be ideal for a supra as they are the correct size.

The KHC 1400 is 1400w 60AH £259.99

The KHC 1800 is 1800w 81AH £279.99

The 1800 has a bit more reserve capacity but is slightly larger and heavier but will still fit in the factory battery tray.

Is there any weight saving with them over my optima battery Lee?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marezmichael

Would this work with a battery still in the front?

I want to use this for my stereo system in my trunk an don't want it pulling power from the main battery and alternator

The wire is 0 gauge, there will be more bits in the final kit. 4 gauge wire can be included as well if you want to run new cable to the starter ect but its not needed. The kit is designed to bolt to the original terminal which goes to the battery, this then supplies everything no problem.

thanks for the info mate. Ill keep this in mind for when the car gets out of paint jail.

Would this work with a battery still in the front?

I want to use this for my stereo system in my trunk an don't want it pulling power from the main battery and alternator

Yes it can be used for that no problem, you would also need a split charge relay as well to isolate the batteries when the engine is off. I can supply these, they are approx £25.00.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...