The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD "Battery to Boot" complete relocation kit

Jamesy

• 3 weeks later...

This is how i mounted mine:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3812/p1010972n.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4063/p1010974bh.jpg

I bought 2 x 12mm rubber nuts, cut the nut off the end, slid the rubber sleeves over the cables, drilled 2 holes in the boot floor and snugly pushed the sleeves into the drilled holes (thus protecting the cables from any sharp edges, and keeping any moister out.). I then feed the 12V power cable through some armor cable sleeve and sent it to the front.

Note: To fit the battery in this position you will need to temporarily drop the fuel tank a little to allow you get the bolts in from underneath, then tighten the tank straps back. I used button head bolts, so they would not cut into the fuel tank.

There's easier ways of doing it i know, but this was the only space i had to mount the battery, due to my ice install.

Hope this helps :)

Will have to have a look through the build threads I haven't got any pics to hand at the moment.

It puts the battery in the wheel well to the left hand side, cable comes up through the grommet in the boot floor.

:thumbs: thanks also for putting the re-location kit together for sale. As originally I didn't have a clue what components I needed. It simplified things, Big time :) keep up the good work guys :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...