Offical Info and Convoy Thread - Suprapod July 7th 2012

drift_bear

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We need to stop off at edinburgh and then selkirk before heading to carlisle though dude, so that will add some time on to our journey. Were heading down the A90 then onto the A7 and across to carlisle that way - 229miles = 5 hours 11mins according to google maps.

Google maps is gay for times im sure it will be quicker than that. Those times get based on the blue rinse brigade school of driving.

Google maps is gay for times im sure it will be quicker than that. Those times get based on the blue rinse brigade school of driving.

I have driven this a million times:

Aberdeen > Edinburgh - 2 hrs

Pick up Kerry - 10 mins

Edinburgh > Selkirk - 1 hr

Drop off doggie - 15 mins

Selkirk > Carlisle - 45mins to 1 hr (max)

Total - 4 hrs 10-25mins

Leaving at 8am gets us there for about half 12....

Edited by AilsaMX5 (see edit history)

Excuse me, but motorway driving is crap. The A7 is a fantastic road and driving halfway to across to Glasgow then down instead is six and half a dozen.

- - - Updated - - -

Lewis I used to work with at pearl?

The very same :)

Please remember that if you want Club Members rates on the gate then bring your membership card or print of this page and bring it with you. Club Membership rates only apply to you and not anyone else travelling with you.

Please remember that if you want Club Members rates on the gate then bring your membership card or print of this page and bring it with you. Club Membership rates only apply to you and not anyone else travelling with you.

What gate?

Can I ask that if you are paying on the gate to spectate, please try and bring the correct money with you as it makes getting people through the gate much quicker. £5 per member, £10 per guest, £15 per trader. Please remember the £5 Club Membership rate only applies to the Club Member named on your membership card/confirmation page, all other passengers in the car will have to pay the guest fee - expect for under 16's who get in free.

Had a look at the services located on the M6 and this one seems the best place to meet up as they have food venues etc....I'm sure we stopped here last year also:

M6 between J41 and J42

Address: Moto Hospitality Ltd

Southwaite Motorway Services Area

M6

Broadfield

Southwaite

Carlisle

Cumbria

CA4 0NT

If people have the postcode no one should get lost!:D

What you guys think!?

Is this where we are meeting the deen lot then!?