The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Selling my car to a guy in Sweden - export advice please!

Crazybassist

Hi guys, I might have found a buyer for my car, but he's saying that he lives in Sweden. He seems genuine enough but he's asking for the cars VIN number amongst other things. This is what he sent me in an email :

"I need the car's VIN number, Reg. Number and The car's Weight and Power that's on "the paper," this is what my insurance company needs to register a temporary Export/import insurance. So I can drive it home. We have a little different system with the car being insured instead of the person using it. :)"

I just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with exporting a car before and if this is indeed how things work, or if he's a scammer who wants to clone my car!

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated :thumbs:

I just sold mine to a Swedish guy and he requested the same details, and explained exactly that to me, he was a very straight forward guy and the sale couldn't have been better.

Did they contact you through here or Pistonheads etc?

Through pistonheads. I thought it was all legit, but you just can't be to carefull nowadays.

Cheers guys! :thumbs: