Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tuning for 1jzgte

I'm addicted now! Club Member suprasize's Avatar
    Feedback
    13 (100%)

tuning for 1jzgte

Never really been.involved in anything to do with this engine but going.to be very soon =). Are these very similar to the 2jzgte in the idea of tuning, for example BPU on this motor can still.be achieved by decatting the car etc, just want a list of mods people would do if they had one of these so I can start my shopping list =). People who have these engines please post =)
    Kindest regards
    Dan
    ...I'm the kind of guy who stops the microwave at 1 second just to feel like a bomb defuser.
    ....I cried myself to sleep every night for ten years until I found out that someone had stuffed my pillow with onions....
    ....It's not where you start that counts, its where you finish that matters....

Feedback
    26 (100%)
    Pretty much the same in terms of BPU but there not as stout of a bottom end compared to the 2JZ.

unpredictable Club Member pedrosixfour's Avatar
    Feedback
    31 (100%)
    As Martin said I've simply collected the BPU parts for the 1JZ as I would have if I had a J-spec 2JZ.

I'm hoping for a healthy 350 brake if/when it goes on the rollers in November. Anything made on top of that without stressing the stock turbos I'm looking on as a bonus.
    BPU'd 1JZ-GTE SZ-R, Ozzy Dumps, R154, Lightweight flywheel, 6 puck clutch, Aeromotive 340lph pump, J-spec 440cc Injectors, Miami GT SMIC, TRD Panel Filter, Oil & PS Coolers, Stripped Interior, HKS Gauge Set, Full Cage, Sparco Seats & Harnesses, 4/2 Pot Brakes (DBA Discs, Hawk Race Pads), 17" Volk F-zeros (9"FR & 10"RR), CW Fast Road Bilsteins, Full Superpro Polybush Kit, 4.273 FGR, Lots of one-offs!

As a race we are fundamentaly insane, which kinda lets me off the hook for my recent activities......

1JZ Baby Club Member little num's Avatar
    Feedback
    126 (99%)
    My 1JZ was making just over 400hp and was basically BPU with boost controller.
    But on my last trackday it spun the big end bearing on piston 5, so now im having the complete engine rebuilt with new everything including uprated pistons - rods - crank - rings - bearings - oil pump - and adjustable timing gears..
    ACL black bearing for mains and bigends and tuned head so im hoping once run in with the boost turned up im guessing 450hp.
    Plus im having it all balanced so it will run as smooth as a whatever runs smooth lol.
    Are here to be broken

Feedback
    26 (100%)
    That's a pricey list!

Bit overkill ey num?

Looking for Supra no.4... Club Member j_jza80's Avatar
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Plenty of them run over 500hp on the stock bottom end, though I don't know how long they last. They respond well to tuning, just like the 2JZ.
    White 1994 UK TT Auto. BPU+++ : Great first Supra
    White 1997 RZ-S 6 Speed, GT35R Single : Simply incredible car
    White 1998 SZ-R 6 speed NA, BBS LMs : Great Look, but slow.
    White 1997 RZ-S Tiptronic VVTi TT : will be shipped from Japan and ready for October. The long wait begins!

Feedback
    13 (100%)
    ive made a little shopping list haha dont think I can afford everything on it, but thats a different matter
    ...I'm the kind of guy who stops the microwave at 1 second just to feel like a bomb defuser.
    ....I cried myself to sleep every night for ten years until I found out that someone had stuffed my pillow with onions....

1JZ Baby Club Member little num's Avatar
    Feedback
    126 (99%)
    Little bit mate lol, for parts only im upto over 2500 and more to spend, although i want a strong engine as i will be going single once run in so would rather spend the cash now and do it right.
    Plus the stock bearings are very weak on the 1JZ due to revving to 8200rpm, so advice for people who own 1JZ-GTE dont rev it to the limiter as it will blow a bigend for sure.
    Are here to be broken

Feedback
    26 (100%)
    James you are a master of stress testing with these cars

Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Parts to be ordered... Decat, hks fcd, restrictor ring, spark plugs, fuel pump, and boost controller... Anything else I should add besides a fmic?

Do Luck owning Club Member Swampy442's Avatar
    Feedback
    45 (100%)
    Coil pack clips
    I would gladly pay you 10 to never log onto this forum again, and I am serious. Scott M

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wilson View Post
    I did terrible things to girls I had only just met, and they loved it.

Me? Post? Never! Club Member johnd-mkiv's Avatar
    Feedback
    48 (100%)
    Been running mine at 500bhp for a year now no probs, stock bottom end, single turbo
    Supra, project in progress

"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"

Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnd-mkiv View Post
    Been running mine at 500bhp for a year now no probs, stock bottom end, single turbo
    What box is that using? R154??

Drive safely kids Club Member bignum's Avatar
    Feedback
    61 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnd-mkiv View Post
    Yes but there`s running it and running it, what sort of driving do you normally do with it?
    Track attack
    "If in doubt, flat out",Colin Mcrae, 1968-2007 RIP
    93 jspec 6spd single, batmowheel 67mm 600bhp, diy build, syvecs mapped Ryan g 2 bar tuning.Brembo f50 front brakes,18" BBS LM`S, R888, whiteline arbs, kyb agx dampers with hks springs, stripped out, cage, lexan,carbon rear hatch.
    My 2014 Nurburgring lap, http://youtu.be/JcIQOWEKefY

Alejandro de los Santos Club Member dr_jekyll's Avatar
    Feedback
    25 (100%)
    ive heard tjz are building a big power 1jz build , going for the highest power 1jz in the uk ive heard frrom the grapevein
    Dr Jekyll < 3800rpm > Mr Hyde

= TEAM ROCKETDOG =

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." r.i.p P.W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast