The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MY TRUCK ISNT STARTING! HELP!!! please advice urgently needed!!! nissan navara!

adnanshah247

ive put this up on the navara forum as well and they simply dont have the post flow as this forum does, im bored of waiting for their replies lol

searched google and found nothing that can help!

Yesterday, i came home parked up the truck as normal. 3 hours later i had to go somewhere and after sticking the key in it simply doesnt start, it doesnt crank at all. no starter motor no sound.

today i checked everything. fuses etc. twice though the starter motor did kick in but holding and holding the starter motor turns and turns the engine but it simply refuses to start. As soon as i take they key out and try cranking it again its dead again, all the lights in the dash work etc. just when you turn to start, nothing at all happens.

I have used the advice here on searches by smacking the starter motor etc but that has no effect at all.

Please can somebody help, the truck couldnt have died at a more worse time for me.

Its a 2006 model and has only 35k miles on it!!!!!!!!!

Other info:- Battery is full and tested, it ran perfect before with no delays in starting at all, when i turn the key nothing happens, the dash lights stay on and i can hear clicks from relays but no crank, no sound no start!

Sounds like the starter pinion or solenoid getting stuck in the engaged position, hence the previous advice to give it a tap with a hammer.

How loud is the clicking? Are you sure it isn't the solenoid? Could just be a dampness issue where you have a leak to ground. Try giving the battery terminals and coil wire a good clean. Check all fuses etc.

no jamie, the reason why i text u last night was because my brother had an accident about 7 miles away from your house and i needed help. i managed to get their an hour later in dads landcruiser because my truck wasnt running, last night i couldnt give two shyts about the truck.

Make sure all dash warning lights work first ie immobiliser/alternator/engine/abs as all these circuits are linked that will clarify the relays and fuses, from there i'll check the battery voltage while cranking, then check the starter by pulling of the stater solenoid terminal and connecting a 12v feed onto it the starter should kick in and crank.

Sounds to like immobilser, search for immobilser diagnostic check on google for your car, pretty sure you can do a few procedures in the vehicle and it puts it into diagnostic mode, if you have a red LED with NATS written near it you should be able to count the red LED flashes once you've done the procedure, those flashes correspond with a fault code.

HTH

:)

If you still have this problem tomorrow, then drop me a PM.

I work for a Nissan main dealer and will have a word with the mechanics.

Nissan mechanics LOL , good luck with them finding faults on navaras, and thats from experience:p