The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Renewing my Sky Insurance!

a98pmalcolm

Got my renewal through.. And they want another £120 this year and i have another years no claims! Thats ridiculous! And if i pay month it worked out over £1000 for the year!!

If they cant help me i WILL be going with someone else..

So annoying.

I know how you feel mate. I also had my renewal from Sky this week and was shocked to find it's increased by £116. :faint:

I know how you feel mate. I also had my renewal from Sky this week and was shocked to find it's increased by £116. :faint:

Thats pretty much my exact increse!

With a company to declear mods with who is good? I know HIC and Adrian Fluex do this kinda thing but usally its a killer with them.

Thats pretty much my exact increse!

With a company to declear mods with who is good? I know HIC and Adrian Fluex do this kinda thing but usally its a killer with them.

As caseyes said really, I had a classic car quote all mods declered with agreed value which came out 50% cheaper. Just be aware you won't acquire any NCB.

Shop around, this is the key.

Every year I go on all the compare sites and find the cheapest. If you're a good driver and things like courtesy cars and all the other little 'goodies' that companies like to throw in to polices that most often are pretty useless to you, then the cheapest is often the best way to go.

Insurance companies give the same excuse every year about premiums going up here and there for everyone. But most times they are trying to pull a 'fast one'.

Over the past five years I've managed to get a cheaper quote just by shopping around.

I had my SiR insured with Sky a few years back. Renewal went up by £370!! I phoned around and got a quote with Admiral for £100 less (so £470 off renewal!). When I phoned Sky to cancel my renewal they offered straight away to match Admiral's price! Told them to ram it as they were taking the piss putting it up that much if they could do it for Admiral's price anyway. Supra's renewal is now up, had a quote from Sky and they're pretty competitive again. Not THE cheapest but prob one of the best policies.

I'd expect them to give the best possible deal or close enough without us doing all the hard work....

Thats what i thought but thats just the way it is, my renewal for my Pug was Just silly but i called them up and they done a great deal in the end

Mine came up nearly £100 dearer this year with Sky so I told them I wasn't a happy bunny and would be looking around. I also asked for my mileage to be cut down from 5k to 4k per year. Result was a £52 reduction which I accepted. After all, everything's going up so you've got to accept a bit of pain...

• 3 weeks later...
I'd expect them to give the best possible deal or close enough without us doing all the hard work....

seems like I was wrong.....as if they get complacent if you show your loyalty for a number of years.

time to shop around.