The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to Attach images to a post/thread.

Scott

Noticed a lot of people struggling with the attachment app on the forum so thought I would do a little guide.

Firstly create your post/thread like the following....

attachment.php?attachmentid=133584&stc=1&d=1306702492

Next Scroll down the page and click "manage attachments" (See note 1)

attachment.php?attachmentid=133585&stc=1&d=1306702492

Click "Browse" on the first box and then select the image you wish to upload. (See note 2)

attachment.php?attachmentid=133586&stc=1&d=1306702492

You can add multiple pictures by clicking the next "browse" button, up to 5 at a time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=133587&stc=1&d=1306702492

Once you have selected the images you wish to upload simply click "Upload" to upload the files to the site. Once finished it will look like the following.

attachment.php?attachmentid=133588&stc=1&d=1306702492

Job finished (See Note 3)

Note1:

You cannot manage attachments using the "Quick reply" box. If you are in a "quick reply" box simply click "Go Advanced" in order to access the attachment options.

Note 2:

There are some image restrictions. The maximum filesize that you are allowed to upload is 200kb so check the size before uploading

Note 3:

If you want to embed the images into the post do the following....

Right click on the hyperlink of the image you want to use and click "copy shortcut".

attachment.php?attachmentid=133589&stc=1&d=1306702492

Right click in the window where you want the image to be, click "Paste" and then put the tags on either side of the link</p><p> </p><p> [img]http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=133594&stc=1&d=1306702492

Job done :)

Fig1-1000.jpg

Fig2-1000.jpg

Fig3-1000.jpg

Fig4-1000.jpg

Fig 5-1000.jpg

Fig 6-1000.jpg

Fig 7-1000.jpg

Your the only person I know who also thought it was a better idea to make those icons in the taskbar a smaller size! I hated them large!

Good guide. Teach 'em all a lesson! :D

In some cases smaller really is better :D

• 1 year later...
Your the only person I know who also thought it was a better idea to make those icons in the taskbar a smaller size! I hated them large!

And yet still wasting CPU and memory on the aero interface and using the awful, awful new start menu :sly: :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bobby Dazzler

Great thread Scott, Just what i needed. Took me ages to find this thread. Anyway i followed your instructions and was sucessful but i had to download a picture size converter and then find out the conversion of dpi to 200kb which was around 72dpi. The only problem i have is that after doing the picture size conversion it has left a kind of image over my picture, maybe you can advise what i have done wrong. Thanks for you help m8 could not of done it without your thread. 024_1.jpg

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know where I can convert my images to a smaller size without faffing around in paint resizing the image. Also How do you get the images to appear full size again without clicking on the image to bring a new window up?

Cheers.

Does anyone know where I can convert my images to a smaller size without faffing around in paint resizing the image. Also How do you get the images to appear full size again without clicking on the image to bring a new window up?

Cheers.

See Note 3 ;)

Cheers.

Try reading note 3 in Scott M's guide above. ;)

If you have the latest copy of MS office it has a handy "Picture Manager" programming which allows you to easily resize a picture to a given size or resolution.

• 4 months later...
Forum wont let me upload a picture.Tries to load but it looks like the forum stops it while loading and an error fail message pops up??

The picture may be too big. Try shrinking it in MS Paint or similar, and try again.

Off the top of my head, maximum picture size is 200kb.

I have trouble doing Youtube clips so you can watch the vid on the thread

Maybe a step by step for vids

This is what you need mate

youtube but have [ in front of and end of use ] and same for last one.

In this bit you need the numbers from the link

/youtube

• Steve unpinned this topic