Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jake - I'd just like to say I read all 74 pages of this thread IN ONE AFTERNOON! I noticed you mentioned that the turnout was low at one of the events and you seemed a bit deflated, let me just say that I'm sure everyone who has seen this thread will agree that your status as an enthusiast within this community is almost as legendary as this car itself. All of us envy your attention to detail, passion, commitment and sheer determination. It'll be an honour to one day shake your hand. Keep up the stellar work.

Jake - I'd just like to say I read all 74 pages of this thread IN ONE AFTERNOON! I noticed you mentioned that the turnout was low at one of the events and you seemed a bit deflated, let me just say that I'm sure everyone who has seen this thread will agree that your status as an enthusiast within this community is almost as legendary as this car itself. All of us envy your attention to detail, passion, commitment and sheer determination. It'll be an honour to one day shake your hand. Keep up the stellar work.

Thankyou for the very kind comments!

Have just bought some Anodised Red coloured Steel Wheel nuts along with some red dust caps to match.

That's now everything ready for when the wheels come off for the refurb.

Going to start Monday, so wheels are coming off for refurb. Just need to get some more polishing heads and dremel attachments.

Brakes shall be painted and stickered and all suspension components cleaned up under the archs. As the car is now a dry weather car I should be able to keep it as clean under the car as I do above. Finally!

Done the fronts, not doing the rears yet, going to order another set of stickers as I think I must have been sent a dodgey batch, still from a distance they look better :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=191112&stc=1&d=1410183980

attachment.php?attachmentid=191113&stc=1&d=1410183980

attachment.php?attachmentid=191114&stc=1&d=1410183980

They don't look as bad as this in the flesh! the picture makes them look aweful here! :blink:

attachment.php?attachmentid=191115&stc=1&d=1410183980

Also a nice shot of it after a good drive yesterday, my firt real drive since arches were rolled and I have played with the suspension, I love it! feels like a go kart around the corners, so controllable. Thinking about getting some of the wifbitz adjustable ARB's. Could be a nice addition over winter.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191116&stc=1&d=1410184174

DSCF7593.jpg

DSCF7599.jpg

DSCF7600.jpg

DSCF7601.jpg

DSCF7589.jpg

List update

Parts to fit/Jobs

- Fit Smoothed and painted throttle body

- Fit Smoothed and painted Y-pipe

- Fit Smoothed and Plenum

- Fit inlet gaskets

- Fit OEM Candy Red painted Pulleys

- Fit 199 painted rocker covers

- Fit Rocker gaskets

- Fit 199 Engine bay boxes

- Fit Chrome Ht lead holders

- Fit New 3rd brake light

- Paint injector rail

- Get arches rolled

- Refurb Rad clamps

- Re-sticker and paint Brake Callipers

- Fit new OEM hand Brake

- Refurb or possibly plasti dip ridox lip as a temp fix

- Refurb wheels!

- Sort fitting issue with front lip

- Fit 2nd Decat

- Fix flickering LED issues

- Fit the facelift tail lights and splice the loom for fog

Parts to buy

- 3 NA intake gaskets

- Facelift Tail light

- Set of Spark Plugs

- Zun Sport mesh

Additional If time

- Mod boot hatch

- Fit Trd spoiler

- Source a new exhaust

- Source a is250 steering wheel

- Source a new set of Dials

Looks great mate. What did you paint the brakes with? I have a set of UK spec's coming and was just thinking of using standard black hamerite but worried the finish would look awful.

Uk's nice :cool: Wish I had uprated mine now, but at least I know all my jspecs are brand new better than nothing.

Thanks this time I have actually used hammerite rattle cans and High temp clear from Halfords. Last time I did my old set I used Halfords brand for both paint and clear. I think the Halfords stuff actually went on better tbh. but both should work

...Stripping this chrome is a nightmare.

Hahahaha! Which is exactly why I never touched them :D Also trying to find someone to de-chrome was a nightmare too!

Glad you've finally got around to refurbing them dude :thumbs:

Oh, I would only do red candy if you've got it elsewhere on the Soop. You need to keep a running theme to tie in with the rest of the car.....as you say "The details count" :cool:

Edited by Rummy (see edit history)

Do not blame you for one second lol. Having to agree thinking red rear, polished lip, silver spokes with a twist. Going to have a colour made up. Along with a few touches.

Hahahaha! Which is exactly why I never touched them :D Also trying to find someone to de-chrome was a nightmare too!

Glad you've finally got around to refurbing them dude :thumbs:

Oh, I would only do red candy if you've got it elsewhere on the Soop. You need to keep a running theme to tie in with the rest of the car.....as you say "The details count" :cool:

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Got some after work work done today :D straight in and got cracking polishing the second rear lip. Im now waiting on parts for my dremel to give me a hand with striping the centres.

They are not perfect but I'm really happy with how they are coming along and think they will transform the car once done.

Ugly before shots

attachment.php?attachmentid=191405&stc=1&d=1410806813

attachment.php?attachmentid=191406&stc=1&d=1410806813

attachment.php?attachmentid=191407&stc=1&d=1410806813

attachment.php?attachmentid=191408&stc=1&d=1410806813

Mid polishing

attachment.php?attachmentid=191409&stc=1&d=1410806813

Polished up

attachment.php?attachmentid=191411&stc=1&d=1410806926

attachment.php?attachmentid=191412&stc=1&d=1410806926

DSCF7621.jpg

DSCF7622.jpg

DSCF7623.jpg

DSCF7624.jpg

DSCF7625.jpg

DSCF7626.jpg

DSCF7627.jpg

DSCF7628.jpg

Also like to add I plasti-dipped the rear lip today and I think it looked crap matt black so got to find another way of making it look better for novemeber, may try flatting it back and clear coating it. Next year im going to just buy a brand new one but that will go on with a new tailgate.

Plastidip produce a 'glossifier' can too mate that can be used on any of their products to give a gloss finish.

Got a little bit more done yesterday afternoon after work, carried on stripping one of the centres. Tomorrow Im taking the two fronts apart and hopefully going to get started on the lips.

Also had my dremels bit arrive which is great, one fitting fits in the bolt wholes perfectly so nice and easy for stripping the chrome. Also have my high build primer arrive too along with the chrome rad clamps so can get shot of the old ones.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191523&stc=1&d=1411034549

attachment.php?attachmentid=191524&stc=1&d=1411034549

attachment.php?attachmentid=191526&stc=1&d=1411034595

attachment.php?attachmentid=191525&stc=1&d=1411034549

DSCF7629.jpg

DSCF7636.jpg

DSCF7637.jpg

DSCF7632.jpg