The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2JZ sensor resistance!

kaahari

Hi!

Anyone knows place to get resistance values for 2jz temp / etc sensors? I`ve only found US site repair manual with limit values (short and open circuits) :(

Would be useful to test:

Coolant temp sensor

MAP

Intake temp sensor

Lower coolant (bottom of rad) ?:blink:

Oil temp sensor :blink:

What those last two are connected on jdm 2jz? Do they effect on stock ecu at all?

You're in luck today! I spent some time about a month ago characterising the above sensors.

With the help of a freezer and an oven I took 3 resistance measurements then applied a bit of Steinhart-Hart magic to get the following data. Be aware that this is based on a sample size of 1 with brand new sensors so you are likely to see some variance from my results.

No code has to be inserted here.

For the stock MAP sensor, I've empirically found the output voltage to have the following relationship:

Output Voltage (Volts) = (Absolute Manifold Pressure (kpa) * 0.018358025) + 0.744135802

At 100 kpa (atmospheric) you should see about 2.6V.

The sensor in the bottom of the radiator is actually a switch. From the service manual, it should open at 97 degrees C and close at 88 degrees C. The switch is only used to control the small electric fan next to the viscous fan.

I'm not aware of any stock oil temperature sensor.

Blimey that's good work :blink: Thanks for sharing that!

I collated the pressure vs voltage data from loads of datalogs to get a table of pressure vs voltage off the stock Map sensor, and found that atmospheric is 2.65v so I'm glad that tallies with what you got :) I've uploaded the spreadsheet somewhere around here before, I don't have it to hand at the moment.

-Ian

You're in luck today! I spent some time about a month ago characterising the above sensors.

thanks, just what i needed and very helpful to diagnose those broblems! Do you mind if i share this info to local finnish club, with proper © markings of course :D or is this sticky here somewhere?

:urock:

Edited by kaahari (see edit history)

So basically the water temp and intake air temp sensors are electrically very similar?

Pretty much, it's only at low temperatures where the resistances are divergent. When making the measurements, I made sure to get all the sensors were at the same temperature by physically locating them together and letting them dwell for nearly an hour and a half while watching the resistance change against time so I'm fairly confident with the results.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...