The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1JZ-GTE VVTI install into JZA80 Supra thread

j_jza80

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm doing this conversion including a manual swap on my na auto. Jurgen is providing the engine and keron is supplying the manual bits. Its another 6 weeks untill the engine arrives from japan. I can't wait. The AFR lads are taking it on, it should be slightly awesome.

As per the wiring diagram, I would love a copy if you can email it?

I'm doing this conversion including a manual swap on my na auto. Jurgen is providing the engine and keron is supplying the manual bits. Its another 6 weeks untill the engine arrives from japan. I can't wait. The AFR lads are taking it on, it should be slightly awesome.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the 1jz vvti through Jurgen? As this looks quite tempting alternative to the 2jz.

I will drop you a pm mate

What gearbox are you going with? Can you pm me your email address and i'll get the diagrams sent to you :) All I ask in return is if AFR find anything missing from them or different then to update it :)

Are you using a Soarer downpipe or are you going custom?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kunny

Interesting thread. There are alot of aftermarket performance parts for the 1jzvvti. The only problem is that most of them are from Japan. Like turbo manifold I can give you about 7-8 shops that sell them "off the shelf". But most of these manifolds are LOW mounts. Here some examples:

Autobahn88:

http://www.ab88.co.uk/images/camf022%20Chaser%20Manifold%20.JPG

Kazama:

Do-Luck:

Rasty Hyper:

HPI: (jzx100 of course)

and recently: Nozzs:

http://nozzs.com/images/1jzvvti.jpg

And more. But most are LOW mounts.

There is another australian company that makes manifolds called 6boost. Makes very sexy hi-mount manifold but delivery times are horrible.

Hope these helps..

• 5 months later...
  • 7 years later...

hello mate, I seen your thread from years ago on a build, what it is am about to go 1jz vvti in my supra that was n/a.

just messaging seeing if still have the link? would help me alot and it will be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

jack

hello mate, I seen your thread from years ago on a build, what it is am about to go 1jz vvti in my supra that was n/a.

just messaging seeing if still have the link? would help me alot and it will be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

jack

You'd have better chance sending him a PM dude.