The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD Expanding and Workshop Upgrades

Lee P

Well guys I have taken the leap! :)

I had an opportunity that I couldnt let go, the unit next to mine became available and its much larger than my 1 car workshop.

I have taken this while keeping my current one and with some big help from friends have made it into a great working space. Jamie P also knocked a false wall through for me so I can walk between the worshops which is a great help.

As many of you know I also have a job running a car audio shop, with the trade dying off a bit I decided to cut my hours down. I now work part time at the shop which means I can devote more of my time to working on supras.

So big changes for me! Its going to be hard taking less of a wage and having much larger overheads, but I will still be keeping the same work echic. Cars will not be rushed out and will still get the same treatment, just means I can have more big projects on the go and not be tripping over car parts all the time. :)

I want to say a big big thanks to the people that have helped me with this as I couldnt have done it with out their help.

Jamie P and his boys for building a mezzanine floor and for all those people that think he doesnt get stuck in, he built me a work bench and a stair case from scratch all by himself. Great work. :thumbs:

Ricky49 for doing all the electrical stuff, lots of lights, plug sockets and doing loads of wiring. He also helped me do some plaster boarding, thanks mate.

Jamie Bates for doing the airlines, I can now use my air tools anywhere in the workshop, real tiddy job and hard work.

Chingy (Colin) for doing the security, hi tech alarm system and some bars coming soon for the windows. He will also be on hand to batter any criminals if they try to get in. :D

Also my missus for doing loads of painting, even though she got most of it in her hair :) she did a great job and my mum for having a big clean up and getting rid of all the cobwebs.

Well enough waffling, here are some pics of the progress. It used to be a barn and its been standing for a long time so its got loads of character.

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. The plan is to get a ramp at some point, will be getting one that comes out the floor so any car will fit on and won't take up any space.

Jamie did a great job, the floor is straight it's the whole building that's off. We had a knightmere fitting the pipes for the air lines as all the walls bow out in different directions. :)