The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine bay makeover

mplavery

Hello people

While im saving up to go single i thought i would have a clean up in the engine bay and add some more bling and carbon too. Since it came out of the bodyshop i have only wiped it over for the shows so i thought i would give the whole thing a good clean up over the Winter.

Now due to it being Winter and not much day light things are taking longer then i thought but im in no need to rush as the car is put away untill the weather warms up anyways....

Plans are

Spray the rest of the engine bay black

Degrease the engine bay using Autoglym

Cleaning up as much metal work with Meguiars Metal Polish

Fit Alloy Radiator

Having Chrome cam covers, Inlet and throttle body

Carbon spark plug cover

Here some pics so far

Will keep ya posted as things progress :D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not started the cleaning yet lol, i will be taken pics through the stages though

I did think of having the spark plug cover in yellow Lude but i dont want to go over the top with it, the outside is LOUD enough lol So im going to stick with Carbon mate. Im even thinking of having the hoses in Black too.

Rob, hoping to get these cam covers and inlet with a few other bits to you mate, will PM ya when i have the bits off

I was not sure what to do with the fan shroud, i was going to have a chrome one but i dont want it too bling as its not my cup of tea and cant be arsed to clean everything all the time.

So i have painted it black to give it a cleaner look, will see how it looks when its on the car.

I was not sure what to do with the fan shroud, i was going to have a chrome one but i dont want it too bling as its not my cup of tea and cant be arsed to clean everything all the time.

So i have painted it black to give it a cleaner look, will see how it looks when its on the car.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/IMG_0675.jpg

Mmmmmm Glossy :D

Hey people

Has anyone painted these parts before ???

I dont want them in chrome but i do want them clean looking. I have tried a bit of metal polish but does not make much difference. I was thinking of spraying them in heat proof dark silver

If anyone has done this ? if so what make of paint did you use.

Was thinking of using these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/High-Temp-Heat-Resistant-Stove-%26-Fire-Paint-400ml_W0QQitemZ150451376501QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=175226854669&rvr_id=175226854669&cguid=2bf80c2412c0a0aad204bda4ff9e2ab8

Cheers

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

oh you mentioned jamies lol

lol is it to early for ya Rob lol

JamieP engine bay is awesome, i want to do something like that when i go single...

What i might do is spray them first myself, if i dont like the finish on them get them powder coated, do you powder coat stuff Rob ?

• 2 weeks later...

Few more pics of the progress i have done, stripped it down a bit more and given it a good clean up before i paint the engine bay black

Have not cleaned the engine yet, hopefully going to get stuck into it this weekend

I had to wrap the front with paper, when i was scrubbing away the engine cleaner was going everywhere, did not want it on the new paint

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)