The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Supracharger

David P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see the old girl getting some love, dare I say she looks to be in better condition than the owner :p

Maybe the "P" in my handle is for "Patina"? ;)

She has never been short of :love: loving and I have a growing collection of upgrades ready for adornment when the time comes, I now have most of the components I desire, yet still :search: looking out for a pair of OE front mud-flaps?

I have :innocent: never hankered for a personal plate, :noangel: however, I do like show plates and amusing road legal plates. :shrug:

This amusing road legal M112 WTF and show plate is alternative to my original hunt for M112 GZE which is also unused but cannot be released and :thumbs:"P" for "Perfik" for my "M" plate Supra and which scratches each and every one of any latent vehicle registration itches there could possibly be. :friday:

With the number of Eaton M112 superchargers there are :senile: growling about, I'm amazed that this plate has never been used before, I had it dug out of the DVLA 'never been assigned' archives and listed in an online timed auction, where I won it for £50. :yahoo:

The lot before M112 WTF was M112 GTR which sold for £2,200. :p

With this WTF bargain bucket memento of :trophy: Brexit Day, that's worth more than GTR to me, I can lay on my better than baby bears bed and :lazy: dream of :carwash: tinkering on a sunny day.

Mike has had a go at :doctor: photo-shopping on the Aston Martin California Sage Metallic that will eventually become part of the equation and to avoid any confusion, I include a pic of this colour on another Supra in the real world found on the internet. :think:

attachment.php?attachmentid=217858&d=1490868624

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=21887&d=1353081849

attachment.php?attachmentid=208219&d=1453316910

Good as greeny gets.jpg

Edited by David P (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

It's Official, the old girl has her new registration number. :yahoo:

With the admin fee, VAT, transfer fee and 0.5% payment fee, the £50 purchase price fee'd up to £188.94.

Hey ho, it can't done for less. :)

I'm itching to see the plate on it in the real World.

attachment.php?attachmentid=218827&d=1494532564

IMG_1452.JPG

• 6 months later...

In August I moved home into a nice and secluded little bungalow that has a double parking sized slab of concrete in the front garden. :yahoo:

I got all excited that at long last I would have somewhere to call my own where I could get on with tinkering with my old girl a bit at a time on nice sunny days. :)

I spent the first couple of weeks after I moved in clearing the turf that had grown over it from one side and removing all the overgrown scratchy bushes from the other, there was so much nature on this concrete pad that it took me 24hrs to burn it in an incinerator.

However, it turned out that I have a neighbour from Hell who then came out and claimed that my front garden was hers, she even came out and attacked my pals for parking on it, hissing and spitting like a cat, with her hands formed into claws shouting "It's Mine All Mine" and I also received threat of physical violence from her F wit pals.

Spaz regardless, anyone who knows me, knows that such things are like a red rag to a bull with me. :D

However, because she is a she I turned my attentions onto the Landlords and it turns out that my pen is mightier than my right hook and consequently, she is to get a parking patch of her own and the existing yet tired double patch that I have is going to be dug up and relaid with new. :yahoo:

This work is to take place very soon which means that come the return of decent weather I will have hard standing that is "Mine All Mine". :)

Having somewhere to keep the Supra at home will be a huge step forwards in the great scheme of things, yet at the mo my tools and Supra parts are stacked up high in my bedroom that is presently doubling up as a shed.

Before I can get on with anything in earnest, if there is even any earnest left in me?

I need to build a shed, yet before I can do that, I need to level the ground and get rid of several tonnes of soil then mix and lay a level concrete pad.

I am just back on my feet after a week spent flat out, caused by nothing more than spending an hour filing papers, which gives some idea how long everything takes me these days.

Looking forwards to getting the WTF plate on it at least. :)

Frayed knot.

But I have installed a very good CCTV system that is watching and listening to all things and recording them in HD on a continuous 4 week loop, full colour in daytime and IR black & white at night. There are also 3 PIR motion detector lights that come on and turn the night vision back into full HD colour.

Yet my favourite gizmo is the cat blaster, this is a PIR activated garden water sprinkler to stop my neighbours 4 cats from $h!tt!ng in my vegetable plot.

At £19.99 everyone should have one, it's more fun than watching Tom & Jerry.:D

At the mo, my internet connection is via my mobile phone and which barely functions unless the sky is clear, yet when I get a hard line connection I will be able to compile and post a selection of cat-astrophies from the recordings. :D

Frayed knot.

But I have installed a very good CCTV system that is watching and listening to all things and recording them in HD on a continuous 4 week loop, full colour in daytime and IR black & white at night. There are also 3 PIR motion detector lights that come on and turn the night vision back into full HD colour.

Yet my favourite gizmo is the cat blaster, this is a PIR activated garden water sprinkler to stop my neighbours 4 cats from $h!tt!ng in my vegetable plot.

At £19.99 everyone should have one, it's more fun than watching Tom & Jerry.:D

At the mo, my internet connection is via my mobile phone and which barely functions unless the sky is clear, yet when I get a hard line connection I will be able to compile and post a selection of cat-astrophies from the recordings. :D

Links please. More to the CCTV system that the cat sprayer, unless it's filled with anti-freeze.

Shane recommended this system to me and I'm pleased as punch with it. :)

Spot on for keeping an eye and ear on your pride and joy, for peanuts too in the great scheme of things.

Here's the cheapest option for a Floureon 8 channel.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLOUREON-8CH-1080N-CCTV-AHD-DVR-4-X-Bullet-2000TVL-1-0MP-Camera-Security-Kit-UK/182091647458?epid=571175232&hash=item2a658209e2:g:LWwAAOSwlp1Z2L7P

Here's same with vandal proof camera's for a tad more. If you need LED's with longer night range, (up to 65ft) look for the 3000 TVL version camera's.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLOUREON-3000TVL-Vandalproof-CCTV-DVR-Security-IR-CUT-Night-Vision-Dome-Camera/112496705778?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLOUREON-CCTV-DVR-Home-Camera-Kit-8CH-1080N-CCTV-5-IN-1-TVI-AHD-DVR-4-X-Dome/253194065633?epid=927647904&hash=item3af38ad6e1:g:CTUAAOSwScdZ132A

The box doesn't have a hard drive to record, but there are many ways to do that.

I went the full monty and fitted a 4TB SATA III hard drive, the unit supports hard drives up to 4TB, which gives around a 4 week continuous loop in full HD colour in the day and B&W IR during the night.

A hard drive from an old Sky box will give 500mb. (Record 4 camera's in full HD on continuous loop for a week?)

You can reduce the amount of frames per second or definition to get more time, or even use a memory stick for a shorter loop?

Click on similar items for more options, Floureon is the one recommended to me and I'm really pleased with it.

If you want you can add audio too, the mic's are peanuts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mic-Audio-Mini-Spy-Hidden-Microphone-for-CCTV-Security-Surveillance-Camera-DVR/132303802068?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

It can simply be plugged in to a spare HDMI port on the back of your tele, but I had an old TV that I mounted on a cheap wall bracket to allow me to watch the bicky dirds.

Treat yourself to hours of fun with a Cat blaster. :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PestBye-Water-Jet-Spray-Repeller-Cat-Heron-Bird-Fox-Squirrel-Repellent-Deterrent/331263988213?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

These are the little camera's I am fitting into bird boxes so I can watch the blue tits and robin chicks etc. that I will run on the spare 3 channels I have. At £14 each these are a snip, they work by radio link, have invisible IR and have audio too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tiny-Pinhole-Micro-Wireless-CCTV-Camera-Receiver-Security-IR-Day-Night-Vision/191838204224?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Thank you for your concern re. my old girl, yet I have no worry of Supra sabotage.

I have given up the remainder of the width of my front garden, for her to have a parking patch and path she can call mine all mine.

(Even though her garden is ten times larger than mine and she doesn't lift a finger to maintain it, where apart from her daughters dog $h!tt!ng in it, that doesn't get used at all.)

This shiny new helipad revelation, she doesn't know of yet and won't find out until the day they come and do it. (weather permitting, in 2-weeks?)

After which, I sincerely hope that she winds her neck and claws in. :think:

If not, with CCTV evidence, the Housing Officer is primed to have her sectioned, I'll get some Supra peace and quiet then. :shrug:

One way or another I need her to be pacified, because the fine print in the rules state that a SORN vehicle cannot be parked here.

It is a lovely secluded location, where the only persons who would even know that my Supra is here would be her and the Postman.

However, I need to build a shed before I can even think of bringing the old girl here, by which time the silliness should have dissipated, or she has been carted away in a straight-jacket or coffin?

Furthermore, I need to rip out the useless bungalow-flooding level-access shower, level the floor and replace it with a whirlpool bath before I can do that, my spine is in a bad way these days and needs all the pampering it can get.

Realistically, it could be another year yet before I can even think of moving it to here. :(

In the meanwhile, please feel free to pop round for a cup of tea anytime and whilst here, help me to dig and bag up some of the 10 tonnes of soil that needs to be shifted before I can build my shed.

Please take care not to get trampled in the rush!

• 2 weeks later...

Delboy52 has paid me a visit and drank two of my cups of tea. :)

I can hack out the soil with my Azada, (Dutch digging hoe) yet can no longer wield a shovel, however, with Mike's help and a nifty bag holder-opener, the first 1.5 tonnes of the 10 or more is bagged up and ready to go.

The biggest problem however, is getting rid of it, yet the contractor who is coming any day now to lift the crumbling old drive and re-lay with either concrete or tarmac? Turns out to be an old construction student of mine who has agreed for a beer to take away this first load. :yahoo:

A tonne of this was from a heap of ages that had been piled exactly where I need to fit a gate and short fence to prevent my spaz chariot that is parked in the back garden from going joy riding or walkies big time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=223928&d=1511908375

The other half tonne was from a trench at the top end of the old drive, which by arrangement with my old student will covertly extend the new drive to be a couple of feet longer. :)

For Elf & Safety of course, the sacks are lined up in the trench, which by a remarkable coincidence also hides this covert extension until the deed is done. :innocent:

attachment.php?attachmentid=223929&d=1511908375

Should anyone else fancy a cup of my tea, please let me know?

Thank you very much Mike. :thumbs:

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

• 2 months later...