The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Supracharger

David P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very tempting to get my Supra to here and onto the new patch of concrete to play with, the first job however, will be to build it a 9:1 compression engine and I need to level the back garden and then build a shed before I can do that.

Unfortunately, I must be sensible and leave it tucked up in the dry of the lock-up for now and a shed will be a better place for sorting out Club members transmissions than as I presently have to do in a big squidy drip tray on my new kitchen floor using my gardening boots as chocks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=225865&d=1520181068

Edited by David P (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

I am scratching about at laying a path, officially it's for Spaz Charriot access, yet unofficially, it's a widening of the drive to make enough space to play Supra games. :innocent:

Before the bungalow was built, the hedge bottom in this corner of the field was used as a fly-tip for garden waste and ashes. Which has resulted with around 16 tonnes of overburden to dig and cart away, before the required trench for the "path" can then be dug and carted.

On Saturday, Chris Picoto and his wife Kendall came and gave me a hand with this project, Chris dug out the concrete post and sycamore tree roots and between us we managed to fill around 40 more Lucky Bags, in-between the bacon-sarni, rain-showers, hail-storm and tea (coffee, ginger beer and diet coke) breaks. :)

Thank you both very much. :thumbs:

Before (Most of the Lucky Bags in this pic had been carted away before we started)

attachment.php?attachmentid=231654&d=1555969075

After

attachment.php?attachmentid=231753&d=1556998149

One more hit like that and the overburden will be cleared. :)

Then...........

At around 1am this morning, an idiot completely missed the track and reversed into my garden, where the BMW is now stuck.

attachment.php?attachmentid=231808&d=1557305016

attachment.php?attachmentid=231809&d=1557305016

Bottomed out on the sill and has no traction with left wheel.

That'll teach him/her for not having a limited slip diff. :D

Edited by David P (see edit history)