The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Golf Mk5 tdi issue cont.

Josh

Following on from my first thread on this (http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?231800-VW-Golf-mk5-tdi) me and my Dad have isolated the problem.

The noise is coming from this part;

Which came from this part of the engine bay;

These hoses;

Were plugged into this part of the "box" I've removed;

Does anything know what this box is as there's a part number on there which I can't find anything about online.

When you move the connector around when the noise is happening (the groaning noise when turning off) it stops and changes sound.

If anyone can help me as to what the part is and what the issue could be it would be much appreciated.

I'm glad it didn't cost me anything to find out what's causing the problem.

Thanks

Josh.

Can you get a close up of the area where its fitted and what attatched to it? Does it contain any fluid or is it dry? Might be something to do with the climate/cabin conditioning?

Thank you for the help so far.

This plugs goes into the right hand side of it;

This is where it's situated;

This goes into the left-hand side;

It sort of sounds like a hissing sound with a groaning as well.

I've got to go out for the day now so if you need anymore pictures I'll get them for you tomorrow.

Thanks so far :thumbs:

Looks like some sort of vacuum control box given the hoses and stuff. maybe boost control? heating?

Also Scott, beautiful clear blue skies here. Just thought you should know :)

Cheers mate.

I'm off to get drunk now so I will check back here tomorrow and carry on trying to sort it maybe Monday as I'm at the girlfriend's for the weekend :)

I think I'll put a video up of the noise on Monday so you can hear what it sounds like.

Where one of the hoses comes from/goes to there's a little 'pot' or something there that seems to rattle a bit that might be causing it. I'll get pictures of what I mean on Monday along with the video.

I think I may have to take it to VW though. But hey, as soon as it's sorted, it's going up for sale and I'm getting me a Supra :)

• 8 months later...