The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Results from 2004 Member's Survey

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this poll :thumbs:

A survey of members cars was conducted in April 2004. This is hopefully going to be an annual survey so this data now forms the baseline for all future attempts to catalogue member's cars. A previous attempt in Nov 2003 was hampered by incorrect classification of the different models. Hopefully we got this one right!

The poll indicates that we have a total of 30 NA cars and 118 TT cars, making a grand total of 148 Supras. Quite impressive! However, when we consider how many Supras there are in the UK we've only got around 14% of all the owners. If there are around 1000 located in the UK (approx 650 UK cars sold and we're adding in 400 imports for good measure) that means there's still lots of people to be recruited. For the UK models we only have 4% of owners in the club!

The most popular variant is the RZ manual with 19 examples. The top six in order are...

1) RZ manual - 19

2) GZ auto - 16

3) UK auto - 15

4) RZ auto - 12

5) GZ Aerotop - 12

6) UK manual - 11

You want more number crunching? Okay, here we go:

J Spec cars outnumber UK cars by a factor of 5.5 to 1 (144 v 26)

Auto cars outnumber manual cars by 1.4 to 1 (81 to 58)

There's 4 TT cars for every NA car (118 to 30)

There's 4 pre-facelift cars to every facelifted car (115 to 29)

All these leave out our overseas friends as we were unable to record specific model info for these members due to forum limitations.

Full results - Member's Cars 2004

NA Cars:

SZ manual - 7

SZ auto - 4

SZ-R manual - 4

SZ Aerotop auto - 9

Facelift SZ manual - 2

Facelift SZ auto - 1

Facelift SZ Aerotop auto - 2

Facelift SZ-R manual - 1

TT Cars:

RZ manual - 19

RZ auto - 12

RZ-S manual - 2

RS-S auto - 3

GZ manual - 1

GZ auto - 16

GZ Aerotop - 12

UK manual - 11

UK auto - 15

US - 1

Europe - 1

Rest of World - 1

Facelift RZ manual - 2

Facelift RZ auto - 1

Facelift RZ VVTi manual - 1

Facelift RZ-S manual - 2

Facelift RZ-S auto - 6

Facelift RZ-S VVTi Tiptronic - 5

Facelift RZ-S VVTi manual - 6

Facelift Europe - 1

Next survey: Spring 2005 :)

Originally posted by Aerotop Dave

The poll indicates that we have a total of 30 NA cars and 118 TT cars, making a grand total of 148 Supras. Quite impressive! However, when we consider how many Supras there are in the UK we've only got around 14% of all the owners. If there are around 1000 located in the UK (approx 650 UK cars sold and we're adding in 400 imports for good measure) that means there's still lots of people to be recruited. For the UK models we only have 4% of owners in the club!

I'd say we have less than 14% as i think there's probably nearer 4,000 than 400 import supras......

BTW results could have been (doubt they were though) distorted by those of a mischeivious nature as you could vote in all the different thread catagories eg i voted for GZ aerotop AND SZ-R 6-speed.........maybe something to think about next spring?

Lumping all the RZ in together is a bit misleading too, because the pre-facelift RZ is the same as the facelift RZ-S. The facelift RZ was quite different, being the "racey" one, manual only, Recaro seats etc.

That really is a bit annoraky though isn't it? :innocent:

Originally posted by SimonB

Lumping all the RZ in together is a bit misleading too, because the pre-facelift RZ is the same as the facelift RZ-S. The facelift RZ was quite different, being the "racey" one, manual only, Recaro seats etc.

We split out the RZs, there's no lumping together...?

As for people voting for more than one car, yes obviously we're aware of that, but there's nothing we could do. The forum will only allow a certain number of voting options per post, so we had to group together like cars and split them across multiple threads. We prevented people voting for more than one car within the same thread, but there was no way we could stop people voting for one car in one thread and another car in another thread.

Originally posted by Aerotop Dave

We split out the RZs, there's no lumping together...?

Yeah I know, I meant in the results summary posted up here. It's interesting stuff though. I'm suprised that there aren't more autos than 81 to 58!

Thats really interesting - thanks for taking the time to do that dave. I didn't realise there were so few NA's about. I had a go in scooby do's TT the other day and god I am soooooooooo tempted now!!!! :p

Sorry Dave, didn't mean to sound like I was putting down your efforts or anything! Like I said, it's interesting stuff, and you did a great job setting it all up :thumbs: I was just saying that the fact that Toyota changed the models round confuses things slightly...

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...