The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Michaels Supra Project TAKE 2 *** PIC HEAVY ***

mplavery

Managed to get the wheels on today, did not have a chance to sort out some decent photos but here are a few on the drive..

Really pleased with them at some angles and others I'm not sure lol they look better in the flesh though..think I just got to get used to them

What your thoughts people

- - - Updated - - -

• 5 months later...

So I thought I would do a little update on my car. Nothing exciting I'm just replacing the rear wheel bearing. In fact this is the 3rd time I'm bloody doing it but I'm taking my time as normally I'm fighting against the clock trying to do it at work.

1st time I done the bearing it still made a noise and found out I needed to replace my hub

2nd time I had a new hub and bearing again. When pressing the new bearing I bloody forgot to put the backing plate on. As it was only Qtr of the way on I whacked the bearing back off and put the backing plate on and reassemble the bearing . I knew there was a risk of damaging the bearing and it was. I could hear it winning again [emoji30]

Oh well

So I'm taking my time on this one and doing it at home instead of at work. I have a new wheel bearing but I decided to do a few more jobs while everything is off .

So 1st job was to get the hub off again and press the bearing out. While it's all apart I decided to paint the hub and backing plate.

Another job which I have been meaning to do is to under seal the arches to give it a fresh look .. I have cleaned the arch up and also re-painted the lip of the arch just to make sure no stones have chipped any paint off. They have been cut back when the bodywork was done and want to make sure they never rust.

I'm just in the process of masking everything up to underseal. I won't be doing under the car just the arches.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

img]https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2017/03/538.jpg[/img]

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

Your doing some good work there bud. :)

Cheers mate, just silly little jobs im trying to do while its all apart lol

If ever someone looked under there they can say "hey that's a nicely painted hub and bearing" pmsl

will be doing the other side soon