Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57

Thread: Supra specific gear/diff ratio and tyre size calculator

  1. #31
    BOOSTED! Club Member JamieP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    (Top Secret)
    Posts
    42,829
    Feedback
    172 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    You will kill the acceleration with those ratios, so will not hit 200 in a mile.
    It would have done it easy if the car had held together, it hit 191mph in 0.81 of a mile and was accelerating hard.

    I would have done it far quicker on a good track, the conditions was terrible and i was getting masses of wheelspin.
    Last edited by JamieP; 26-10-10 at 16:13.

  2. #32
    Me? Post? Never! Club Member mark newman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England - Berkshire
    Posts
    2,212
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    my car was on the rev limit 7500 rpm in 6th . then oil everywhere. I dont know what top speed i would get out of it in a mile ,as it has only got a auto lsd , great for the streets , and quater mile . but not for the mile run it runs out of legs at about 3/4 down the track.

  3. #33
    Legendary Club Member Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    England - Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    12,377
    Feedback
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    It would have done it easy if the car had held together, it hit 191mph in 0.81 of a mile and was accelerating hard.

    I would have done it far quicker on a good track, the conditions was terrible and i was getting masses of wheelspin.
    OK fair play.

  4. #34
    1.21 Gigawatts Club Member Wez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    England - Berkshire
    Posts
    18,735
    Feedback
    37 (100%)
    Just used this to see what difference it would make swapping the diff out for the 4.083 ratio one I purchased a while back
    Supra: 1996 Silver, Syvecs S6 ECU, 500bhp & 500ft/lbs, 95ron Unleaded
    Porsche: 2002 Black 996TT, Syvecs S8 ECU, 630bhp
    Lexus: 2001 LS430, Toyota 3UZ-FE V8
    Odds: Dyno Plot | Turbos Compared | 2BarTuning | Engine Part Weights
    Steve Manley 01865 291300
    | Garage Clearout |

  5. #35
    non GTR owning Club Member Neil-NA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England - Lancashire
    Posts
    4,264
    Feedback
    22 (100%)
    I cant seem to get this to work on my comp, can anyone tell me what it would be for the following -

    7400rpm limit (assuming stock is 6800)
    265-40-17 tyres
    w58 box
    Na LSD

  6. #36
    Dark Wizard Club Member David P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England - Northamptonshire
    Posts
    10,262
    Feedback
    198 (100%)
    It won't open for me either, what program do you need to run this?

  7. #37
    non GTR owning Club Member Neil-NA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England - Lancashire
    Posts
    4,264
    Feedback
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by David2009 View Post
    It won't open for me either, what program do you need to run this?
    Glad its not just me then.

  8. #38
    1.21 Gigawatts Club Member Wez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    England - Berkshire
    Posts
    18,735
    Feedback
    37 (100%)
    Its an MS Excel spreadsheet
    Supra: 1996 Silver, Syvecs S6 ECU, 500bhp & 500ft/lbs, 95ron Unleaded
    Porsche: 2002 Black 996TT, Syvecs S8 ECU, 630bhp
    Lexus: 2001 LS430, Toyota 3UZ-FE V8
    Odds: Dyno Plot | Turbos Compared | 2BarTuning | Engine Part Weights
    Steve Manley 01865 291300
    | Garage Clearout |

  9. #39
    Dark Wizard Club Member David P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England - Northamptonshire
    Posts
    10,262
    Feedback
    198 (100%)
    I have MS Excel viewer and cannot open it.

  10. #40
    non GTR owning Club Member Neil-NA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England - Lancashire
    Posts
    4,264
    Feedback
    22 (100%)
    I will have to see if it works on my dads comp tomorrow as I was on works comp today.

  11. #41
    Hmmm.... Donuts Super Moderator Homer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    England - Northamptonshire
    Posts
    26,721
    Feedback
    69 (100%)
    It's saved in Excel 95-2003 format so any near recent Excel viewer should be able to open it. Try grabbing the latest one from MS if you can and let me know if that works. If not I'll try some other options. There aren't any macro's in it, but there are a LOT of formulas, so it could be viewer doesn't like one of those. It wasn't really put together with viewer in mind, but if you can let me give some feedback I'll try and get it working for you.

    Please also provide the exact error, e.g. "excel viewer cannot open files of this type of file"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil-NA View Post
    I cant seem to get this to work on my comp, can anyone tell me what it would be for the following -

    7400rpm limit (assuming stock is 6800)
    265-40-17 tyres
    w58 box
    Na LSD
    Here you go:

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Beer, the source of and solution to, all of lifes problems

    '98 RZ-S TT 5spd
    '94 GZ NA 5spd Aero
    '11 BMW 320D ED
    '93 RZ Boostlogic T67dbb 6spd (sold)

  12. #42
    Dark Wizard Club Member David P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England - Northamptonshire
    Posts
    10,262
    Feedback
    198 (100%)
    The copy I have was free, however it is an earlier version, I only downloaded it to open this document, excuse me, but I am not willing to buy a program when I can simply stop being lazy and do the sums.

    Nevertheless, thank you.

  13. #43
    Hmmm.... Donuts Super Moderator Homer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    England - Northamptonshire
    Posts
    26,721
    Feedback
    69 (100%)
    MS viewer 2010 is free, just google "ms excel viewer" and hit the first link.

    If you want the full package but don't want to pay use Open Office, pretty much the same as MS office, but again, free.
    Beer, the source of and solution to, all of lifes problems

    '98 RZ-S TT 5spd
    '94 GZ NA 5spd Aero
    '11 BMW 320D ED
    '93 RZ Boostlogic T67dbb 6spd (sold)

  14. #44
    Dark Wizard Club Member David P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England - Northamptonshire
    Posts
    10,262
    Feedback
    198 (100%)
    Thanks for the info, I have updated to version 2010 but that doesn't work either, when I click on 'run', it just dissapears.

  15. #45
    non GTR owning Club Member Neil-NA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England - Lancashire
    Posts
    4,264
    Feedback
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    It's saved in Excel 95-2003 format so any near recent Excel viewer should be able to open it. Try grabbing the latest one from MS if you can and let me know if that works. If not I'll try some other options. There aren't any macro's in it, but there are a LOT of formulas, so it could be viewer doesn't like one of those. It wasn't really put together with viewer in mind, but if you can let me give some feedback I'll try and get it working for you.

    Please also provide the exact error, e.g. "excel viewer cannot open files of this type of file"?



    Here you go:i
    http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachm...1&d=1299530270
    Thanks Homer, I will check in the morning when I'm back at work and let you know whats happenes, tbh I think it may just be user error on my part or not up to date programs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •