The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD 3.4L Stroker Kits

Lee P

Just a quicky, but what (if any) effect would this have fitted and run on an n/a?

You would gain torque and as the engine components are lighter and would be fully balanced the engine would rev quicker and smoother.

It's a lot of money for little gain on an N/A as you could fit a tt lump cheaper. Even a v8 conversion would be more cost effective, however if you want to keep the na and get the most out if it then it will help.

You would need to build it high compression, 3.4L with some crazy cams and big throttle bodies. :)

• 7 months later...
You would gain torque and as the engine components are lighter and would be fully balanced the engine would rev quicker and smoother.

It's a lot of money for little gain on an N/A as you could fit a tt lump cheaper. Even a v8 conversion would be more cost effective, however if you want to keep the na and get the most out if it then it will help.

You would need to build it high compression, 3.4L with some crazy cams and big throttle bodies. :)

lee would it be possible to go for the 3.4 stroker kit on a tt and make it into a na non turbo charged to give same horse power figures as full bpu

lee would it be possible to go for the 3.4 stroker kit on a tt and make it into a na non turbo charged to give same horse power figures as full bpu

Spend £5k+ on a TT engine to get the same power output as BPU? Hell you can buy a whole car already at BPU for that.

with a stroker kit 3.4 wondering how close one could get to 400hp, porsche na,s seem to make tween 300/400 hp

I would imagine not close at all, a 2JZ-GTE sans turbos will give less power than a 2JZ-GE - and how often do you see one of those at even 250HP?

Get your wallet out then Neil. ;)

TBH Alex that was part of the plan when i had the TVR throttle bodies but after getting quotes of 10k + for labour to only see 300hp if lucky i bagged it off.

New plan is in motion though, m_life has a lot of work to do ;)

Sorry to thread crap

• 2 months later...
Has anyone stepped up yet and ordered one of these mate?? :D

We all thought you would be the first J !!!!!!

If people realised the diff it makes in Spool more would go for them, Im just finishing the arrangements for a customers one right now. Something like a 76 DBB would spool like a 6765 with one of these and rev higher and you can also run em higher comp with the really big turbos, my turbo company want me to run over 9:1 and still over 2.5 bar.

Holy s**t thats impressive mate!! Once a few go stroker i reckon it'll catch on just like singles have these days

At the price Lee is doing kits for then its a no brainer for a serious car that needs an engine build anyway.

• 1 month later...
sorry lee but the prices you have quoted are just for the parts right? labour obviously separate?

I assume Adnan is right on the above? What's the cost of fitting and also what warranty do you give with the kit?

What sort of rev limit is recommended? Also is the lead time still 8-10 weeks?

Cheers,

Si