The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ORange loom multiplug in passenger footwell

RobSheffield

I am in the process of removing my loom to do quite a few soldering jobs, just wondering how to disconnect the orange loom connector in the passenger footwell.

IIRC this connects the engine loom to the rear car loom.

There is a white plastic tab on it, and also a normal/conventional push tab. Cant decide if the white tab is an interlock.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Additionally, is there anything else i need to disconnect, as it seems the loom wont pull out of the cabin (removed the 2 bolts and the stuck on weatherseal)

If you're removing the engine loom there quite a few plugs that need to be disconnected to pull the lot up through the firewall, 3 - 4 from memory. The orange plug has been easy to remove on all the cars I've done it on, the white catch needs to be opened and pushed right back to fully release it.

I have an engine loom from a TT in the back room so can take a picture if you need.

That would be handy Darryl, just to know which footwell plugs require disconnecting.

I have removed the ECU plugs, the yellow multiplug one too, and the traction ECU. How many more?

Little bit worried it wont come out with the matrix in the way and im not removing that!

I did the yellow one guys :D

• 9 years later...
I am in the process of removing my loom to do quite a few soldering jobs, just wondering how to disconnect the orange loom connector in the passenger footwell.

IIRC this connects the engine loom to the rear car loom.

There is a white plastic tab on it, and also a normal/conventional push tab. Cant decide if the white tab is an interlock.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Additionally, is there anything else i need to disconnect, as it seems the loom wont pull out of the cabin (removed the 2 bolts and the stuck on weatherseal)

I I know this thread is old, but this is where I'm at. I need to remove the ecu harness as I have a break in 3 sensor wires, crank, and both cams. And this dang orange plug is in in my way. The plastic retainer hinged upward for me, but I can't seem to get the plug out. Anyone got pics

Thanks for the help in advance

I I know this thread is old, but this is where I'm at. I need to remove the ecu harness as I have a break in 3 sensor wires, crank, and both cams. And this dang orange plug is in in my way. The plastic retainer hinged upward for me, but I can't seem to get the plug out. Anyone got pics

Thanks for the help in advance

Don’t know if this helps but here is picture of plug on mine

IMG_7762.jpg

• 1 month later...