The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suggestions & planning thread: best sights & roads in Western europe

SteveR

:) Anyone want to suggest some dates/times for this as i need to book holidays off work as im sure others will have to too

A rough idea would be good if you could Steve. I don't really have a problem booking holiday time at (relatively) short notice, but I don't want to book something else over this. :)

Tricky for me to commit to some dates now as I need to sort our last minute wedding before I sort this trip, and the dates we wre looking at at Easter seem to be no-goes. It would have to be in the school holidays, for me.

I think if we put together an itinerary we'd have a better idea of duration, then we can sort out which dates the trip woud be over. Is everyone who's likely to come on this happy with teh Portsmouth - Bilbao starting place? That leaves on one evening and arrives two mornings later (2 night kip on the boat).

Hi Steve

Just to give some ideas, I did a similar sort of things a couple of years ago on a bike. We booked our trip through Eurocamp, the main reason being the ferry was a lot cheaper booking through Eurocamp than direct. We went to Santander which is the next port to Bilbao, but is only one night on the ferry, which may be preferable for those who get seasick. If you book a route before hand you can book large 6-berth tents or caravans and all the sites have a bar, restaurant and swimming pool.

Cheers Andy

• 2 weeks later...
The £415 one way for the ferry and 2 nights on a boat puts me off as a starting point. 500 miles is just over 2 tanks and 2 nights hotel would not cost £300 so personally I would drive it :)

I'm interested in this Steve, but agree with the statement above that I'm sure 500 miles and 2 nights can be done for cheaper than £415. Also not a keen traveller on boats (need to go up on deck in fresh air to prevent sickness), so sleeping over I'll be violently ill all the way :(

I'm interested in this Steve, but agree with the statement above that I'm sure 500 miles and 2 nights can be done for cheaper than £415. Also not a keen traveller on boats (need to go up on deck in fresh air to prevent sickness), so sleeping over I'll be violently ill all the way :(

Im sure people will have different preferances, Thats just a person thing but even if people were ferring it im sure some would drive, afterall if we are all heading to the same location how hard can it be to put an address in a tomtom :blink:

Chaps, I think I'm going to take a half-step back from organising this, at least from organising it just yet: the poteintal Easter last-minute dates we were looking at for Kate & I to get married have become non-options so the wedding will need to happen in Summer instead. With that in mind, I can't confirm any dates for this event as I need to keep my options open.

If I can confirm the wedding and if I can still do this, I'll be back: in the meantime if people want to push ahead and make plans, please do take over. :)