The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Posts Regarding Trade Cars

mawby

Following a complaint from Trade Cars (bargaincarsdirect.co.uk, Boyz Toyz), and in light of threatened legal action against the club, I am hereby requesting that no posts or threads are made on this forum regarding Trade Cars that could be perceived as libellous, inflammatory, or potentially reputation damaging, unless you have documented evidence to back up your claims. As always, opinions are allowed as long as they are clearly identified as being in your opinion, as are truthful, first-party experiences, but hearsay will be removed - although I would ask that you report any adverts on Piston Heads, Auto Trader etc. that you feel are inaccurate rather than discussing them on the forum.

Regards,

mawby

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should understand just how powerful the internet (and this site) is..

Just to confirm that we are talking about

bargain cars direct

Quality used bargain cars

in wycombe

bargaincarsdirect.co.uk

These are the people we shouldn't say anything bad against? Just checking... :)

I see they're another one to spam PH continually with "We buy any car!" ads.

I hate that.

So that's Trade Cars, http://www.bargaincarsdirect.co.uk (wouldn't work without the www for me), Wycombe. Best not say anything bad about them though, in fact probably best off just not dealing with them at all I'd say. Just to be on the safe side.

i found them very freindly and helpfull :)

Well, it was several traders, holding several accounts on here, most of which posted defensive comments while failing to annouce their affiliation with said businesses.

The reader must draw their own conclusions about a car trader that needs to follow such practices. Also consider:

• The quality of the advertising (and the quality of the information contained therein)
  • The pricing strategies
  • The threat of legal action in the face of valid questions being raised.

Oh I love legal action threads, is has so much to say about the company making the threat.

This is my personal opinion and not that of this club and I am not referring specifically to, Bargain Cars Direct or Quality Used Bargain Car in Wycombe, but generally to any company who makes threats of legal action to web base organisations. Personally such actions by a company would make me avoid them like the plague.

Trade Cars, also known as Bargain Cars Direct. They're in Wycome you know. I also believe their website is http://www.bargaincarsdirect.co.uk

Probably best if we don't keep mentioning them though?

It might be best if we stop mentioning Trade Cars, also known as Bargain Cars Direct in Wycombe - I've just done a google search for Trade Cars, Wycombe and this thread was #10 on the first page.

We wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong impression about Trade Cars, also known as Bargain Cars Direct in Wycombe just because they threatened legal action against this forum due to a couple of members thinking that they sell overpriced, tatty Supras and have abusive fanboys trolling the place, aruing with anyone who says anything slightly derogatory about Trade Cars, also known as Bargain Cars Direct.

So, I'm never going to say anything about Trade Cars, also known as Bargain Cars Direct, Wycombe again.

:innocent:

It might be best if we stop mentioning Trade Cars, also known as Bargain Cars Direct in Wycombe - I've just done a google search for Trade Cars, Wycombe and this thread was #10 on the first page.

We wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong impression about Trade Cars, also known as Bargain Cars Direct in Wycombe just because they threatened legal action against this forum due to a couple of members thinking that they sell overpriced, tatty Supras and have abusive fanboys trolling the place, aruing with anyone who says anything slightly derogatory about Trade Cars, also known as Bargain Cars Direct.

So, I'm never going to say anything about Trade Cars, also known as Bargain Cars Direct, Wycombe again.

:hide: Hearsay :hide:

Oh I love legal action threads, is has so much to say about the company making the threat.

This is my personal opinion and not that of this club and I am not referring specifically to, Bargain Cars Direct or Quality Used Bargain Car in Wycombe, but generally to any company who makes threats of legal action to web base organisations. Personally such actions by a company would make me avoid them like the plague.

couldn't agree more......in my opinion too :) - what a bunch of tossers.....

Edited by imi (see edit history)

:thumbs:

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

Guest eddienick

Hmm...i was wondering why 'company' would consider such action did seem rather bizzare.

However having read such maturity and sophistication shown in the responses so far, one cannot envisage what unpresumtuous annotations were made before??

Please fellas this is a very respectful forum dont spoil its reputation with adolescent puerile behaviour.

Edited by eddienick (see edit history)

Hmm...i was wondering why company would consider such action did seem rather bizzare.

However having read such maturity and sophistication shown in the responses so far, one cannot envisage what unpresumtuous annotations were made before??

Please fellas this is a very respectful forum dont spoil its reputation with adolescent puerile behaviour.

Ah yes, "eddienick", such a law abiding citizen, never one to cause trouble for the sake of it.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=206734

Your membership is due BTW.

Hmm...i was wondering why 'company' would consider such action did seem rather bizzare.

This is a very respectable forum, though I feel that if a company is threatening legal action against the club then they must be "threaten" in some way or another? Did some truth about certain cars emerge which a normal buyer would not pick up on? Again this is my own personal opinion & nothing connected to the club, though I think that Trade Cars, also known as Bargain Cars Direct in Wycombe should not always take comments as negative & see them from a more constructive point of view, as mentioned above again this is my own personal opinion.

Oh, it's you. How is your glass house these days?

Anyway, this forum is built on mature and sophisticated responses ;)

How about you actually read some of the threads these so-called reputable traders have been involved in. Then again, you'll just presume that we are all Jurgen's bum chums and have to have a pop at any other trader who appears.

Careful with those stones now. :)