The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring trip 2010 (?? July)

T2 MSW

Is it not about time we at least started discussions about the 2010 trip to the ring is is no one bothering this year?

Are we thinking the same 3rd week in july again. I know james had already spoken to edger about dates for this year!?

If people get a ferry booked now, dover to dunkirk before Jan 29th you can get £10 off by entering the code EBF on the norfolk line website. The date does not have to be exact as you can adjust the date right up to the end of march for free :D

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Guest SupraGTE

I could join as you are passing my house in Wilsele, you can stop for a cup of tea coffe :) and i would join up the rest of the trip. I also have a friend with trailer and a landcruiser in case something would happen and i have the most of tools etc at home if needed

Guest SupraGTE
SupraGTE - How about joining in with our Spa track day? ;)

I'm in for the Ring, as long as it doesn't conflict with the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

yes i could join up for the Spa but think only to look as my car might not be ready and 249gbp to drive in rain is to much :)

just a tip , try to stay outside spa a bit (cheaper) if you want to visit a nice friendly city in Belgium go to Leuven, 95% speak very very good english and have allot of nice resturants and pubs and allot of womans and students as it is a student city ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 90% sure I'm going to be heading over to Europe this year for an epic trip ending up at the Ring for a day. I'm not going to the 'Ring alone, done that 3.5 times now and although it's awesome, it costs a lot just for Kate to get bored. ;)

I think a 7~10 day grand tour, ending at the Ring = perfect. Will start a thread tonight in case that floats anyone else's boat.

STEVE :D

Been busy pal?

Been working extra hours every day since the start of the year (so I basically fall asleep whenever I am at home) apart from this and last weekend, but my internet got cut off for not paying a bill I hadn't had, so I couldnt get on here even when I had chance to.

Nightmare, anyway I've hopefully put an end to all that so I can have my life back! :)

/off topic. ;)

Just for info; we are 18 (as of now, probably more) people, half with supras, half with everything from Focus RS, HKS MR2's to supercharged F430, going to the ring in the weekend form the 21th of may to and including monday the 24th of may. The ring is open all days 8-19.30 this weekend, so it should be easy to get lots of track time.

Could be cool if more supras were to join this weekend.

Unfortunately me and jay won`t be going to the ring this year so if someone would like to step in to arrange the trip please do,sorry, if any info is needed let me know.

Don't forget my 'Ring trip planning guide here, too. ;)

I reckon there is an unwritten '3 years in a row' rule: although I doubt I'd ever get bored of laping the 'Ring, when you tot up how much money it costs to get there & back, and how goddam boring the drive there & back is, you figure that after doing it 3 times in a row, you can't justify a 4th.. not stright away anyway. :(

I'll go back, that's certain (quite possibly I'll go back this year after having last year 'off'). But this year I'm widening my horizon a little more than just the 'Ring. :)

I think you`re right steve, after 3 years and roughly 50 laps you should know the track pretty well and thats when people start to push it a little more....and it can get costly:)

Costly you aint wrong there :( i will miss the ring trip this year plus i was hoping to collect the £2000 barrier i paid for last year :blink:

I reckon it cost us nearly a grand each, per trip. Loved it every time, even the road-trip to get there. Curiously the drive seems to get shorter each time, even at the same speeds.

We still want to go along but we don't know what our calendar looks like that far ahead, maybe in conjunction with a Spa day. Should get a better idea what's coming in the next few weeks.