Weight of 2JZGTE Engine Parts

Wez

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking at pistons and their weight to see how much weight could be removed from the engine and found that JE pistons, 8.5 CR with 86.5 oversize are 304g per piston making it the lightest piston compared to others on the front table.

Ref: http://www.cambridgemotorsport.com/Toyota-2JZGTE---JE-Forged-Piston-Set

Found various places stating the same thing. Think my NA-T would like these :D

• 1 year later...
Guest mtriples

I know nobody has posted in this for a while, but here's an attempt to keep things up to date!

IIRC, the stock crank generally listed at 59.5 lbs. I had an HKS weighed by a reputed shop and was told 52 lbs. The BC lightweight is 48 lbs and the Winberg is listed at 45 lbs by the manufacturers...I don't have independant verification on those two though. I'll see if I can get a measure of the BC lightweight before assembling my engine this month.

Also, the JE FSR pistons should be added. I think their off the shelf stock compression pistons at .040 overbore are rated at 306 grams on their website. I had a custom set made up...adjusted for 3.4L, .040 overbore, and 9:1 compression weighed in at 296 grams, IIRC...I'll double check the spec sheet from JE when I get the block back from the machine shop.

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking at pistons and their weight to see how much weight could be removed from the engine and found that JE pistons, 8.5 CR with 86.5 oversize are 304g per piston making it the lightest piston compared to others on the front table.

Ref: http://www.cambridgemotorsport.com/Toyota-2JZGTE---JE-Forged-Piston-Set

Found various places stating the same thing. Think my NA-T would like these :D

I know nobody has posted in this for a while, but here's an attempt to keep things up to date!

IIRC, the stock crank generally listed at 59.5 lbs. I had an HKS weighed by a reputed shop and was told 52 lbs. The BC lightweight is 48 lbs and the Winberg is listed at 45 lbs by the manufacturers...I don't have independant verification on those two though. I'll see if I can get a measure of the BC lightweight before assembling my engine this month.

Also, the JE FSR pistons should be added. I think their off the shelf stock compression pistons at .040 overbore are rated at 306 grams on their website. I had a custom set made up...adjusted for 3.4L, .040 overbore, and 9:1 compression weighed in at 296 grams, IIRC...I'll double check the spec sheet from JE when I get the block back from the machine shop.

Updated :thumbs: